Experienced designer, leader, and strategist of online community and interactive products and programs, who has scaled diverse, global teams, measured financial impact, driven revenue and community action, guided product development, and created safe, impactful digital spaces. I've helped CNN, FedEx, Sony, Cisco, NOAA, Forbes, and countless others.
• 20+ years guiding community programs, from small organizations to household names.
• After taking over a 2-year-old, stagnant paid membership offering for a well-known consumer brand, grew active members by 587.4% in 12 months and 761.7% in 24 months, driving a substantial, measurable, 7 figure revenue increase.
• From scratch, as a founding team member, built CNN's Interview Club, an interactive Q&A platform that connects CNN viewers with experts, newsmakers, and on-air talent. At launch, it was the only user-generated content offered on a CNN-owned space.
• Author of platform policies used by global brands and independent communities. Personally involved in hundreds of thousands of individual moderation and policy decisions while managing spaces with millions of contributions.
• Wrote the book Managing Online Forums, published in 2008, which has influenced countless community builders and is available in more than 1,000 libraries worldwide.
Specialties: Audience engagement, community engagement, community management, content moderation, customer communications, customer engagement, customer retention, customer success, drip marketing, hiring, interaction, live moderation, live streaming, mentoring, online communities, online forums, podcasting, policy creation, product, product design, product management, strategy development, streaming services, ROI measurement, trust and safety, UGC, volunteer management, writing.
Past industries: Journalism, media, membership, news, paid membership, paid subscriptions, streaming, streaming services, and subscription.