Product development leader with over 12 years of experience in developing electronic medical devices with expertise in Class II-III devices, FDA compliance and vendor management.
• All stages of product development from concept to commercialization.
Over 12 years of experience developing FDA approved Class II-III medical devices for the world's largest medical device manufacturers including Medtronic, Boston Scientific and Hillrom.
Launched a direct to consumer connected medical device.
• Validated a go-to-market strategy that included a combination of dtc medical devices, smartphone app and recurring revenue from consumables.
• Negotiated partnerships with hospitals and large technology companies including Google and Apple to plan pilots.
• Led development of a connected fertility monitoring diagnostic medical device in women’s health.
Developed IOT and cloud based platform for healthcare applications at large medical device manufacturers as well in startup environment.
• Designed the architecture for next generation of connected medical devices that include patient diagnostic data, therapeutic feedback and algorithms.
• Used design thinking methodologies to develop novel device and business model concepts for medical device applications.
Develop schedule, identify risks and build contingency plans for timely delivery programs and projects.
• PMP certified Project Manager
• Lead large cross-functional teams including marketing, engineering, quality, regulatory and operations to develop healthcare products.
• Conduct rapid and iterative product development by leveraging offshore resources and vendors.
Investigate customer complaints to understand product limitations and identify opportunity for quality improvement.
• Perform root cause investigation of malfunctioning or defective products to provide feedback to your supplier to improve quality using FDA recognized frameworks.
Excellent advice, thanks again.
Murtaza provided us with very prudent and actionable advice. Thanks again!
Insightful call, Murtaza asked good questions and offered valuable feedback for our marketing strategy. I'm looking forward to continue conversations.
Murtaza was great and very knowledgeable. Also super helpful in answering every single one of my questions in a clear manner. Highly recommend.
Great talking with him. I got all the info I needed to move forward to the next steps!
Murtaza very well understood my questions and had the obvious in-depth knowledge and personal experience in the space. I now have the right starting points for further research – hours saved thanks to a 15-minute chat. Thank you, Murtaza.
Great call, Murtaza was able to quickly cite relevant reference materials and was able to give real world estimates to add clarity on several issues.
Murtaza was the lead Electrical Engineer on two projects simultaneously, and he did an exceptional job at managing the external vendor during the design, development and verification testing phases. Murtaza demonstrated high level of maturity at this early stage in his career, and quickly gained the respect and trust of people he worked with. I am certain he will do very well with deep technical knowledge and a can-do attitude.
Murtaza is a deligent student who brings insight and energy to the classroom. He is very inteligent and sincere toward whatever he does. He gives more than 100% everytime. He is more than a friend to me. I have learn many things from him but best thing is his attitude to solve challanges. Wish you all the best!!