Andrea Spirov is Founder and CEO of B.O.S.S. Food Company. She has built not only a highly differentiated brand in the crowded energy bar space, but also a new category of function-forward snacks, with a strong brand platform that will allow for expansion into a variety of food and beverage products. She leads the product development and marketing transformations at B.O.S.S., successfully executing the creation of the world’s first diversified line of clinically effective nutrition bars.
With two decades of experience working with brands from blue chips to startups, Andrea Spirov is a master of brand strategy. Her unique ability to marry the disciplines of strategic communication, art direction and account planning allow her to position an offering in a way that not only differentiates from the competition, but leverages it. Her previous clients have included Target, Tetley, Macy’s, Smirnoff, Coca-Cola, Chevron, The Age, Four Seasons, Radisson Blu, Hilton, Great Hotels of the World, and several national and regional tourism boards.
Andrea holds a Master of Arts in Media & Communications from Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, and a Bachelor of Science in Communications (Advertising, Sociology, Marketing) from the University of Miami in Coral Gables. She did the Art Director track at Miami Ad School in San Francisco.
• Entrepreneur, Founder of B.O.S.S. Food Co., Founding team and Board of Directors of Mercy Nutraceuticals, Founder of Inspiring Travellers
• Extensive experience in CPG and hospitality
• Accomplished sales & marketing executive with expertise in brand strategy, retail execution, management, digital, and community engagement
• Strategic problem-solver, able to manage people, vendors, and challenging situations
• Highly creative – thrives on working with individuals and teams to connect dots and birth ideas and strategies on a budget (no you don’t need a high-priced agency, but data really helps)
Founder and CEO
B.O.S.S. Food Co., Houston Oct 2015 – present
Founder and Editor
InspiringTravellers.com Feb 2010 – Feb 2015
Chief Communications Officer and Board of Directors
Mercy Nutraceuticals, New York City Aug 2004 - April 2012
Freelance Art Director
various clients - New York City and Melbourne, Australia Feb 2004 - May 2007