Danny has spent a lifetime in the agency world (well 30 years) and half of this, running large agencies in the UK and Europe. After early stints in B2B, B2C and medcomms, Danny joined Cicero and led the Agency through its acquisition and integration into gyro the world's largest and most awarded B2B network. Danny sat on the global leadership team and led the Manchester business (£6m TO, 55 people) for 12 years taking it through its acquisition into Dentsu Aegis Network.
Following that Danny spent 3 years at Stein IAS leading their EMEA business (£6.5m, 77 people) in Manchester, London and Paris then most recently was MD/Director of Agency Services at APS Group (£15m 120 people across 3 geographies and 10 on site Agencies).
Having successfully worked as NXD and mentor to a number of agencies in recent years, Danny joined Cactus with a remit for the North of England and Scotland.
A certified director and a trained coach, Danny has specific experience in branding, creative and B2B spaces, alongside network/international operations, new business and agency governance.
• Non Exec Director to a range of agency businesses in digital, brand, B2B and media spaces
(Logos – AiP, Beach, True North, Smooth Digital, We are Brightful)
(Logos – Slide 32)
• Business leader skilled in growing creative/marketing service businesses
• 15 years full P&L responsibility across 3 market leading agency brands.
• Experience spans from branding to content creation at scale, in house production and marketing automation/demand generation.
• Worked with large global brands in wide variety of sectors including public sector, FS, and tech on significant marketing interventions witnessed by demonstrable ROMI.
• Commercially trained economist, strong in financial and corporate governance – MBA qualified and a Certified Director with specific expertise in change management, cost rationalisation, process development, business process reengineering, turnaround and M&As.