New York, NY
BRAND STRATEGIST AND MARKETING INNOVATOR
Beacon, NY 12508 845-440-7101 firstname.lastname@example.org linkedin.com/in/debicoffield
My career success has been built upon a love of passion-driven businesses, and a relentless focus on what makes consumers tick. I specialize in taking a strategic yet unexpected eye to rejuvenating brands, innovating businesses and motivating organizations. I am an innovative and forward-thinking marketing executive who creates dynamic team environments where the results consistently exceed expectations.
WHAT I DO BEST:
• Create successful value propositions that consistently beat business objectives, by expertly leveraging brand equity and competitive advantage against opportunity.
• Foster innovation in brand positioning and go-to market strategies to further category leadership and maximize profitability.
• Promote analytics excellence that optimizes insight to action effectiveness and spurs sustainable growth.
• Drive organizational mastery of digital media, building consumer expertise and channel impact.
• Elevate team achievements through consistency, collaboration and empowerment.
UNCOMMON SENSE STRATEGIC MARKETING, New York, NY 2002-current
Lead strategic marketing consulting practice in creating breakthrough solutions for high potential brands.
• Private Brands Inc., Karlsson’s Gold Vodka
Established and evolved key marketing mix elements in support of this startup brand’s U.S. expansion.
– Projects included development of craft spirits Situation Analysis and brand Positioning Strategy; execution of annual brand loyalist and SEO initiatives; creation of a national standardized distributor communications program; and optimization of new product launch regional rollout scenarios.
• Mars Chocolate North America, Chocolate New Ventures
Drove critical path elements as part of a startup team to successfully launch Pure Dark® premium chocolate into specialty/gourmet, lifestyle and digital retail channels.
– Developed tiered retail partner go-to market strategy and execution of regional rollout.
– Managed creation and execution of category-leading merchandising program.
– Led full re-launch of PureDark.com, including e-commerce functionality; SEO optimization; and creation of the brand’s consumer-centric digital footprint.
– Directed pop-up brand lab retail operations and local market promotional programs.
• Post Cereals, Innovation and New Business Development
– Spearheaded new products development team in all aspects of segment definition, opportunity assessment, concept and product development, and commercialization of new kids’ snacking product.
– Initiated and qualified slate of new product ideas toward establishment of new products pipeline.
THE CULINARY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA, Hyde Park NY 2013-2016
Senior Director, Marketing
Directed all marketing and communications functions for the World’s Premier Culinary College.
• Managed a 6-department, 30-person marketing and communications services team in cross-generational student recruitment; food enthusiast programming; restaurant customer development and acquisition; and industry leadership conference promotion.
Championed launch of multi-million-dollar SEM campaign to accelerate demand generation, dramatically improve quality of enrollment inquiries and increase speed of conversion to application. Exceeded FY application conversion goal by 53%.
Developed framework for leading edge recruitment funnel incentive program, which leveraged proprietary assets and new technologies in guiding prospective students effectively and efficiently through inquiry, application and completion stages.
THE CULINARY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA DEBI COFFIELD, pg. 2
Stewarded ground-up creation of CIA Alumni Champions, a multi-pronged advocacy initiative. Program components include orientation and acculturation activities; member cultivation; creation of an online Alumni business locator and digital collateral; and social media.
Rapidly built knowledge base of cross-category best practices and benchmarking to encourage innovation and elevate team impact within a mature industry and organization.
DEUTSCH FAMILY WINES AND SPIRITS, White Plains, NY 2011-2012
Brand Manager, New Products and Innovation
• Launched industry-defining wine and spirits business propositions across the marketing mix, to drive
attainment of aggressive long-term revenue goals and solidify WJ Deutsch as a top 3 US wine importer.
Successfully introduced Nine Walks Sauvignon Blanc nationally under tight timing, achieving sell-in objectives 3 months ahead of schedule.
Brand essence definition and visual expression; wine blend optimization; category-leading merchandising and digital marketing tool development.
Created white space analyses, and qualified revenue potential for a new to the world on premise wine brand; a JV California premium wine portfolio; and a premium boxed wine delivery system.
Commenced a comprehensive trend analysis and reporting system, to keep organization abreast of key industry and complementary category indicators.
NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION, New York, NY 2000-2002
Director, Marketing Partnerships
Led the maximization of partnerships with marquee league sponsors across the NBA, WNBA and NBDL.
Directed cross-functional team in launch of $2mm, national interactive basketball and music tour, drawing over 300,000 fans and preemptively building NBA/partner brand equity versus competitors.
Realized $750k in incremental revenue from up-selling partners on customized, relevant programs.
REMY COINTREAU, New York, NY 1998-2000
Senior Brand Manager, Remy Martin Cognac
Managed brand repositioning of gold standard cognac, balancing premium heritage with consumer accessibility. Grew franchise 15%, versus category growth of 8%.
Created consumer-focused, multi-faceted on-premise program, The Remy Lounge to build the brand in upscale bars, clubs and restaurants.
Developed consumer research platform for Remy small size business, establishing brand quality platform and market share within lower priced segment and exceeding launch projections by 12%.
ADDITIONAL INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
NIKE, INC. Regional Marketing Director, Central Region
NABISCO FOODS GROUP Product Manager, Grey Poupon New Products
PROCTER & GAMBLE Brand Assistant, Joy Dish Detergent
Columbia University Graduate School of Business MBA-Marketing, Management of Organizations
Boston University College of Communication BS-Communications
TEACHING APPOINTMENTS AND AFFILIATIONS
Adjunct Professor of Marketing at New York University, Brooklyn College, Marist College, Pace University, Rutgers University, NY Institute of Technology and Zicklin/Baruch College Graduate School of Business, Hong Kong. Specialization in branding; strategy development; innovation/new products; web analytics; international marketing; consumer behavior; ethnic marketing and marketing research.
Brand Marketing Consultant, Taproot Foundation. Member, American Marketing Assoc.; Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.; Columbia University and Bronx H.S. of Science Alumni Associations