My approach is to protect your capital while clearly defining the Minimal Viable Product (MVP) and the roadmap for its vision. For a sliver of your budget, within three to four weeks I’ll help to provide you with the following:
• Backlog of Features – Define the MVP with a detailed list of items. You’ll be better positioned to project and product-manage your vision.
• Business Showcase - Have an effective tool to pitch the benefits of your product idea to users and investors alike, whether in a boardroom or on Kickstarter.com.
• Prototype - Demonstrate the user experience in a relatable and low-cost effective way without spending your entire budget, while gaining the final graphical assets.
• Cost per Feature - Manage your budget effectively and better define your MVP by knowing the actual costs associated to each feature.
How will this service help you?
• With a detail feature backlog of requirements and a prototype clearly communicate your deliverables and understand their technical feasibility.
• Validate the market demand of your product/service by likely users as well as your investors’ willingness to risk capital.
• Be better positioned to determine which high-valued features of your product to pursue based on their associated costs and your available budget.
• You’ll have a complete detailed list of product features, a demonstrable prototype, and a Business Showcase PowerPoint to:
Roadshow to investors
Share with likely users and determine likely adoption
Provide as requirement specifications to your development team
• Finally I’ll identify the quality gates you need to pass in order to know the earliest point of failure for your product/service idea so you protect your capital. You may have a huge budget available, but there’s no sense in spending it all if you know with little risk and capital upfront that the answer is no.