As a seed stage investor (13 deals in the last 12 months) I'm happy to tell you it is easier than ever before to meet seed stage investors. Here are a few ways:
1) conect with founders in your city who have been funded. Ask for their advice. Impress them and let them introduce you to their investor.
2) apply to an accelerator (eg techstars) and nail it on demo day. The audience is filled with seed stage investors.
3) attend an event featuring the seed investors and ask for their advice after the show. Requests for advice are a great way to showcase your venture.
4) kickstart your project. Raise funds and engage early customers. Nothing impresses as much as sales and users.
5) leverage clarity, LinkedIn and product hunt.
6) use the same service providers (eg lawyers, accountants) ask them for an intro.
7) find out where their funds originate from and ask those LPs for an intro.
8) apply to present to your local angel group.
If I look at the deals we've done this year. 80 percent come from the channels above. Until then -- bootstrap it.