I have complained effectively for over 4 decades! Now an established consumer champion, columnist, best-selling author and blogger, I support companies though transformation and continual improvements in customer service. I am in the unique position of hearing what consumers think about customer service and what changes they would like to see. I work with businesses using customer insights and perspectives to reduce financial and reputational risk and impact on vulnerable customers and increase sales.
I am a practised, dynamic, inventive and resourceful leader of change. Having run numerous projects and programmes, I strive for continuous improvement in my own work and in service delivery and regularly identify and develop opportunities.
One of my particular strengths is that I am not hung up on sales speak, the way you have always done it, based on what you think customers want and how they work or what analysts think. I tell you straight what customers want. Some of the things I can help you with, how to:
• keep customers happy
• treat your customers as individuals
• manage expectations
• exceed expectations
• deal with difficult customers
• turn customers into superfans who rave about you and drive more custom to you
Do you have customers who:
• make your job difficult because you don’t know what they are complaining about?
• don’t know what they want?
• shout and rant at you and your staff and complain about your processes and want to escalate issues?
• complain about issues that are difficult for you to address?
• have concerns about how you may be serving vulnerable customers and the risks associated with this?
With a no-nonsense, engaging and informative direct style, I am happy to discuss anything round customer service and complaint handling!
Author of "How to Complain: The Essential Consumer Guide to Getting Refunds Redress and Results!", "101 Habits of an Effective Complainer". Author of report "Whirlpool - The Tumble Dryer Story Without the Spin" which outlines what happened up until April 2018. Co-author of investigative reports Ombudsman Omnishambles: Serious unresolved issues affecting the operation of the ombudsman ADR system in the UK. 22 June 2016 and More Ombudsman Omnishambles: The UK ADR landscape 20 months on… 28 February 2018. The reports outline the state of Alternative Dispute Resolution provision and the failures with approval and monitoring in the unregulated sectors within the UK.