Entrepreneur im different fields. Microsoft Excel and business oriented expert. Solutions and ideas provider.
I have been working with freelancers for a while. Hope there tips help.
Start by considering these:
- always fix a price before starting a job
- leave most of the price to the end subject to results
- try to define a worksheet with predefined formulas so you just have to input the parameters and the totals are according to what you agreed
- make a table to define an schema of more work, less cost by the hour or unit
- define a confidential and non disclosure agreements before you begin
- arrange the way you are going to proceed in special situations like ending the job before it is completed
I agree with kelly. Also plan roles and responsabilities before hiring.
Organize yourself using methodologies. GTD (google it) is a nice start. Then follow the say NO trend everybody has mentioned.
I would add in the Do # 2, ask the employee to paraphrase what you're requesting. It's a common problem that people say that they understand what you say, and when the deadline comes, the result is not the expected. I call this practice "duplicate".
Look for a public contract. There's where the real money is.