I'm a Marketing trainee- I'm looking to see what the best practices are for converting social media followers into actual clientele. Looking for any suggestions on this? Thank you!
Hello, great question here. First of all you should understand that there is no 1 way and depending on who your audience is and what you sell the answer will definitely vary. A short answer however would be - engagement.
Forget about likes and follows and shares are engagement, if you want to be a successful marketer you need to see engagement as conversations. The more conversations you can build around products the more you can rely on them to follow links or follow up on a request when you do make one.
With that said, social media updates should be about what your followers want to see - depending on the social media -
try to avoid being too pitchy on each post.
My name is Humberto Valle, I have been a strategist for about 10 years now and have helped countless of entrepreneurs and businesses thrive through creative competitive strategy and marketing and I'm the co-founder of Unthink.Me. I hope my answer helps you a bit.
There's a few things I've done in the past which has converted and something which may fit into your culture.
1. Remove friction by asking BETTER questions of what they need help with. The power of a question.
2. Answer the question. Give them MORE than what they are asking for. If you want them to trust you, start a relationship, PROVE to them you care.
3. Follow up. How did it work out or setup a skype to chat wit them. Get to know more about THEM so you can navigate what it is they REALLY need.
4. Patience. It's like fishing. Sometimes you get a good run, sometimes it's dry. Keep hustling! Keep helping!
make a youtube video, explain what is the benefit of your products or services..
start a contest and spread the world
research how other competitors are doing their marketing, make a budget and start a marketing project.. there are no right or wrong way to do this because it depends on your budget
1. Talk about their situation, where they are now, the problems they're having that you solve. Show pictures, tell stories, get their attention through self-interest.
2. Talk about your solution to their problem. Again, show pictures, tell stories, be consistent with your message. Don't blast features of your product or service: share problem situations and the results or "end picture" you get for clients.
"Hey, I want that!" is the reaction you're looking for--not because of features, but because they want the outcome you offer.
3. Move your prospect off the social media platform and onto your own ASAP. Then you can control the conversation. No distractions...no other ads...only what you want them to see. Have them sign up for an email series, or a video series, or an ebook--all about their problem/solution--so you can continue the conversation.
4. Have a Conversion method to get them to buy something after they've been educated. Believe it or not, many people market but don't have a conversion tool! IE. there is nothing for the prospect to buy. It's crazy but it's true. Put something to buy at the end of your funnel.
This process will Qualify prospects In or Out based on whether the problem situation resonates with them or not. You want buyers who have that problem, not "everyone." The newbie wants "everyone" to be a buyer, and they're wrong to do so...that only leads to buyers remorse and public complaints. Get the right people on your list.
5. Have a higher ticket Upsell for buyers to get. This is where you make your real profit. Again, huge mistake newbies make: trying to survive based on just front end sales. You need a back end to really profit.
Without more information it's very hard to answer your question. What business are you in? What research have you done to indicate that social media is a good way to attract new customers?
With that being said, the real answer is that you are asking the question to the wrong people. The answers you've received know nothing about your situation so they are taking wild stabs in the dark in an effort to attract your business.
If I were you, I'd start by talking to several dozen of your existing customers and asking them this question "If you were me, how would you go about attracting people like you?" The answer may be social media or it may not.
As a marketing trainee you need to know one thing... and that is that your customers will tell you the answers.
The first thing you need to do is to figure out exactly where your target audience is online. Which social media sites are they on and how often are they on them? This is all research that must be done beforehand.
Then, you (or a marketing professional) must create a social media strategy. This strategy is like a plan that will layout the future pathways toward achieving your goals through social media marketing.
Here are some blog posts I have recently written regarding how to get new customers on social media:
If you'd like help with social media marketing or even just some consulting, please let me know because I'd love to help you!
Social media is the future of shopping! Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat are huge drivers for businesses because people are no longer searching Google for the latest and greatest, they are looking to influencers to see what they are wearing, where the are going, and what they are doing. I would start with using Facebook Ads and Instagram Promotions, great tools to get new followers and clients! If you want to further discuss the next steps to working with these platforms feel free to set up a call!