According to AT kearney's report on Global Location and Services Index, Malaysia ranks third Globally for shared services & outsourcing location for the past decade.
You may also refer to PWC report on why Malaysia is a destination of choice:
The unique of Malaysia is the strong support from the Government. The support will ease you to start your operation in the country. Some of the Government Guarantees include:
1. World-class physical and information infrastructure,
2. Unrestricted employment of local and foreign knowledge workers.
3. Freedom of ownership
4. The freedom to source capital globally and the right to borrow funds globally.
5. Competitive financial incentives, including Pioneer Status (100 percent tax exemption) for up to ten years or an Investment Tax Allowance for up to five years and no duties on the importation of multimedia equipment.
6. No censorship of the Internet.
7. Globally competitive telecommunications tariffs.
Some of the corporations that are supporting regional and global from Malaysia are as follows: ExxonMobil, Shell, Schlumberger, Atos, Emerio, HP, IBM, Dell, HSBC, DHL, GSK, Paypal, Tata, Tech Mahindra, Prudential, DKSH, Fujitsu, AMD, LizardApps, Intel, E2 Power, RBC Investor & Treasury Services, BP, Wipro, BASF, Experian and many more.
Today, many corporations are using Malaysia as a launch pad to access Asia market due to strong support from the Government as well as multi-lingual capabilities.
I can also arrange site visits if you wish to hear directly from those industry players.
Do feel free to reach out to me anytime you need.