Currently on the Distribution Team @ 500 Startups , formerly VP of Growth @ Storefront, making it rain. Expert on growth, sales, web scraping, and processes. Advisor to startups & entrepreneurs. 1 HR Minimum required for calls.
My focus is always helping people in my network and the new people that I meet everyday. I can help with etiquette, approaches, and systems for keeping a great network.
I'm heading up growth at Storefront and have navigated the chaos of early-stage startups many times. It can be hard to find the path to rapid growth, I can help you with a framework for doing just that.
I've taught over 4,000 people to scrape the web without having to code. I've also made my career out of growing companies and no matter the stage your company is in, you're always trying to find your unfair advantage that provides sustainable growth now and into the future. When I first learned what web scraping was I knew it was a game changer! Being able to grab massive amounts of data from the web for leads was the unfair advantage over my competitors I was looking for.
I'll help you with a custom strategy for your business.
I've been involved in just about every type of sales organization and have had to grow several of them. One of the best ways to find sales reps that will work for commission is to find other organizations that currently employ the type of reps that you'd like to hire.
Here's how to go about it:
1. Make a list of companies with a similar sales team to the one you'd like to build yourself.
2. Search on LinkedIn using advanced search. Look up sales reps that worked at these companies in the past.
3. Analyze the duration of the sales reps at these companies. You're looking for a pattern in consistently short stays at a company. When you find that you're probably dealing with a high turnover sales team.
4. Start reaching out to some of the sales people that had left and ask about their experiences there. You can use this time to confirm that these are the types of reps you would want to hire as well.
5. Take the feedback from the former reps and start to develop your pitch. Show them why working at your company is better than the former. Make their lives better and blow up your team!
Hope this helps. Glad to discuss other hiring strategies in detail, just call.
My call with Matt was very productive. I set up the call to learn more about how Matt used email marketing to grow Storefront. Matt shared the key elements of his strategy, and a list of actions to take to get started. Then he gave me some great advice for growing my company, Moblized. I'm sure I'll be setting up more calls with Matt.