Fintech expert | Ex-Amazon | startup consultant - Payments | Digital | Strategy | RFPs | Team and Leadership coaching
I have 10 years+ experience in fintechs and incumbent payment systems and working with new players.
I have helped over 15 businesses, large and small, transform their fragmented digital and technology estate and optimise.
These are very good questions to start with. In addition,
Make sure you cover the following bases:
1. Security - viruses are just one thing, ask them about pen testing done, system stability, fallback options, rollback plans for deployments/changes, make them reassure you that they are rock solid.
2. integration - cover it extensively - how do they integrate (apis? connectors? own build middleware? what do they offer? if they do not offer, who do they partner with? )
3. skills - what's included in their out of the box development and service package - who (role) will help all the way through, how many man hours are they offering for support - increase this if needed.
4. roadmap - what else are they working on
5. scalability and strategy - does it align with yours.
Just the few most important points that come to mind. I am happy to support further if required. I have personally evaluated over 200 RFPs in my career.