JOSEPH J. ORI, CPA, CFA
1449 Creekside Dr. Ste. 3044
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
2010 to Present
PARAMOUNT CAPITAL CORPORATION, Walnut Creek, CA
Executive Managing Director
Real estate investment, financing and advisory firm that provides strategic advisory services, debt and equity capital financing, capital solutions, brokerage, corporate finance, work outs and restructurings for the commercial real estate industry.
• Completed more than $100 million in advisory/consulting assignments
• Advisory Services provided to private equity firms, the Big Four Accounting firms, hedge funds and management consulting firms
RHODES COMPANIES, LLC, Las Vegas, NV
Chief Investment Officer
Real estate investment, land development and homebuilder with a billion dollar portfolio of residential and commercial land and other real estate assets.
• Maintained full responsibility for securing new capital, banking relationships, recapitalizing a $370 million Wall Street structured debt offering and all other finance and investment activities for the company that was in financial distress
LYNCH INVESTMENTS, LLC, San Francisco, CA
Chief Financial Officer
Real estate investment and land development firm that was developing more than four thousand acres of land in Hawaii and owns apartments and office properties.
• Maintained full responsibility for recapitalizing the land development portfolio, securing bonding for infrastructure, financial statements and other capital market activities for this company that was overleveraged and in financial distress
ROCHDALE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LLC, San Francisco, CA
Senior Vice President/Managing Member, Real Estate Ventures
Investment management firm that provides investment management services including real estate investments to high net worth clientele. Company managed more than $2.5 billion in client assets.
• As Managing Partner, originated, structured and marketed a new private placement Reg D real estate fund of $75 million
BDO SEIDMAN, LLP, Chicago, IL
Managing Director, Real Estate Advisory Group
Formed and directed the real estate advisory practice in the Chicago office for this international accounting and consulting firm. Provided real estate loan underwriting, CMBS services, general advisory, financial advisory, corporate real estate services, senior housing advisory and finance/equity transaction services to corporations, financial institutions, Wall Street, real estate owners and various other clientele.
• Underwrote and analyzed more than $700 million of real estate mortgage loans for securitization
• Supervised and mentored a staff of eight MBA’s and/or CPA’s
• Created and advised on innovative tax structures and business models for real estate operating companies
PARAMOUNT SECURITIES CORPORATION, Chicago, IL
Founder, President and CEO
Real estate investment bank and NASD broker dealer that originated, structured, sold and placed real estate and corporate debt and equity with institutional lenders and investors.
• Created innovative debt/equity and acquisition financing structures
• Completed more than $125 million of real estate financings, sales and equity investments
SOUTHMARK CORPORATION, Dallas, TX, (NYSE and Fortune 500 Company)
Senior Vice President, Financing/Acquisitions
Originated real estate loans, securitizations, acquisitions and corporate financing for the captive savings bank, insurance companies and syndication group.
• Key executive in generating real estate and corporate acquisitions and financings of more than $2 billion and $100 million in profits
• Structured and negotiated complex loan, investment, acquisition and disposition contracts and agreements
VMS REALTY, INC., Chicago, IL
Assistant Vice President, Acquisitions
Maintained responsibility for the acquisition, underwriting and due diligence of institutional real estate investments and as Controller was responsible for all accounting, tax and closings for more than fifty real estate limited partnerships.
LAVENTHOL AND HORWATH, CPA’S, Chicago, IL
Performed audits and prepared tax returns for companies in real estate, manufacturing, leisure time and wholesaling industries.
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR, Finance and Real Estate, Santa Clara University, 2014
HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL, Boston, MA, Executive Program in Financial Management, 2000
DEPAUL UNIVERSITY, Kellstadt Graduate School of Business, Chicago, IL, MBA, Finance, 1983
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, Carbondale, IL, B.S., Accounting, 1978
Real Estate Brokers License, California, 2005
Chartered Financial Analyst, CFA, 1995
Certified Public Accountant, CPA, Illinois, 1979
Active speaker at industry seminars and publisher of a book titled, “The 50 Commandments of CRE Investment” and a monthly newsletter, View of the Market (www.paramountcapitalcorp.com) and more than seventy articles on financing, deal structuring, portfolio diversification and industry trends in leading real estate and finance periodicals including Real Estate Review, Real Estate Finance, American Banker, Seekingalpha.com and Pension World.
DePaul University Finance Alumni Association, Urban Land Institute, the CFA Institute, the CFA Society of San Francisco and the Association for Corporate Growth