Energy market pro, start-up enthusiast. Like building things, connecting people and technology. Passionate about sustainability and clean technology. I am a vegetarian and recovering careerist.
Experienced business development professional. Industrial and energy market verticals. Business startups, new service development and deployment. Leading teams for change.
Just do something! Hit submit!!!
The future scares me, the past haunts me. So I choose to do what I can right now. Try to work on being only in the now. You have no control over the future.
No one in the history of time has been able to predict the future. They only way to arrive there is to do something today.
There is so much noise out there. Here are ten ideas to overcome this inertia.
1. Act. Hit submit and see what happens. You put in the work.
2. Accept the result. It does not define you don't let fear stop you.
3. Learn something. Overcoming fear stretches you. Your brain will never go back to the way it is. Simple action is powerful. It is a valuable lesson for growth.
4. Be still. Stop the reading, surfing, advice gathering etc. At some point it is noise. Take time each day to consume media. Then take time to be still. Listen to the space between the words.
5. It will be ok. Someone gave me some advice I will never forget. There are no good or bad decisions they simply are. We create a story in our minds about these things. It will be fine. You learn and advance in either case.
6. Constantly be tweaking. Adding value is process of experimentation and discovery. Keep pushing the boundaries.
7. Keep it simple. Complexity is the enemy of good. Get your product out there sooner than later to test demand. Then rework.
8. Connect with people. Have a real conversation. Encourage someone else to overcome a fear. Make a person to person connection. That is more valuable than any app.
9. Go for a walk. Take yourself out of the environment and headspace that is echoing so loudly. Get some exercise. You will gain perspective.
10. Celebrate. Once you do hit submit. Have a celebration and reward yourself. You worked hard.
Some ideas I try to practice. When I say you up above, I really mean me. Everyone has been there.
Read this story...http://www.businessinsider.com.au/atlassian-the-untold-story-how-two-australian-young-guns-built-a-company-headed-for-a-billion-dollar-ipo-2014-2
Just get started. I have been using this site with great success. https://www.freelancer.com/affiliates/bgriffey
I am working multiple ventures at the moment and the resources available on this site are tremendous. Very affordable high quality work. You can have an instant team of professionals.
I concur with the other poster. A 3D printed mockup is a great place to start.
I would not worry about your idea being stolen at this stage. Investors are going to be more concerned that the idea was someone else. For that sake seek patent pending when feasible.
The most critical thing is to get outing the market to validate the product. That is what business is really about.