I'm a leadership coach, passionate about developing insight, resilience, confidence, and change-readiness in my clients. I draw on my 6 years in the U.S. Marine Corps, 10 years of teaching, 15 years of living abroad, and a lifetime of martial arts practice to help my clients accomplish their goals and grow into the leaders they wish to become.
- Coach Training by an International Coach Federation approved program
- Leadership: military leadership, knowledge of organizational leadership theories, curriculum development, experience with assessments (i.e. 360-degree feedback, StrengthsFinder 2.0, Myers-Briggs)
- Business skills trainer: presentations, teleconferencing, negotiations, conflict resolution
- Japanese language fluency. Japanese to English interpreting
- Martial Arts: military combatives, traditional Japanese armed and unarmed combat, traditional Chinese internal arts
- Music: experienced vocalist, casual pianist, and knowledge of music theory
My 6 years in the military, which was largely spent overseas working with the diplomatic service, helped me to develop my leadership and intercultural communication ability. Throughout my 7 years in Japan, I worked with 2 boards of education, taught at public and private schools ranging from elementary to high school levels, instructed promising young adults at Waseda University, and trained professionals at companies such as Amazon Japan, Toshiba, and Fujitsu in various business communication skills.
I am currently studying Organizational Leadership and Development with a coaching concentration with the intent of becoming an International Coaching Federation certified coach. I possess TESOL/TEFL certification, and have 7 years of experience in teaching English and effective communication soft skills in public schools, universities, and businesses.