San Fransisco, CA
Professional with 10+ years silicon valley experience in software architecture, computer systems, High performance computing, cloud computing, security, containers. Contributed as technical leader, architect, hands-on roles at Facebook, Schlumberger, Intel, HP, UIUC, Microsoft. CS PhD from UIUC. B-tech gold medalist from IIT Roorkee. Google Scholar, Github in contact info.
Skillset: Some technologies I have worked over the years:
- Private and public cloud: Openstack, Kubernetes, Mesos, SDI, KVM, Docker, Google cloud, GCS, GKE, Cloud Endpoints, AWS, Amazon EC2, NFV
- Fullstack/Backend/Distributed: scalable microservices, Python Django, Flask, postgressql, auth, Docker, gRPC, protobuf, REST, swagger
- Security: "Host security" - SELinux, iptables, Host IDS, Suricata, IMA, Web app firewall (WAF), Intel TxT, Intel CIT, Intel KGT, "Network security" - IPSec, OpenVPN, firewalls, Regex, Network IDS. "Application security" - static and dynamic analysis tools. Container security
- Perf optimization, HPC, MPI, OpenMP, shell scripting, C/C++
- Misc: Zabbix, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK), PubSub, AMQP, CI/CD, Git, Scrum.
- PhD and MS rom Univ of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - Computer Science - GPA 4.0.
- B.Tech in CS from IIT Roorkee - Gold medalist - GPA: 9.8/10
HPC and cloud software architect at Schlumberger Software Technology Innovation center (STIC).
- Sessions at conferences including Openstack Summit, Intel Developer Forum (IDF), DockerCon, MesosCon.
- Organizer of HPC Cloud bay area Meetup
Papers, talks, Service:
- Author of 20+ top conference/journal papers. 550+ citations. Talks, conferences/workshops keynotes
- Program committee of conferences/workshops such as IEEE/ACM CCGrid, Middleware.
- Reviewer of top IEEE journals -Transactions on Cloud (TCC), TDPS.
- NSF panelist reviewer for grants.
More at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhishekguptauiuc/