Category Marketing Manager Hochiminh Nov 13 – present
Lead the Marketing activities of the 3 categories of ice cream, cheese and pasteurized milk, meet the Goals and Objectives set by the CEO
TH True Milk
Marketing Director Hochiminh Jan 13 – Sep 13
Will lead the Marketing activities of the establishment to meet the Marketing Strategies, Goals and Objectives set by the Chairwomen and Chief Marketing Officer
• Must be able to structure, strategize and implement the short and long term marketing plans;
• Coordinate and collaborate with counterparts to be able to deliver clear results;
• Lead through example, develop and train staff members to handle portfolios / projects;
• Manage budget in preparation, expenditures, returns on invested capital, cost analysis in coordination with production / sales / finance in relation to sustainability and profitability of the business;
• Handle all Marketing activities and vendors- locally;
• Relationship Management with internal and external business partners, media and creative agencies;
• Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development;
• Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities;
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends;
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential;
• Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Successfully improve the sales & marketing alignment & co-ordination for marketing activities via better communication, clear accountability & planning process, frequently scheduled meetings and gathering/celebration;
- Working together with Franchise team (TH Truemart) for the layout concept development, traffic activities and management;
- Re-structure the marketing team to function focus, motivate and maximize the staff’s capability with clear career path development plan and quarterly review on the progress;
- Successfully launching 1L pack, contribute to 20% sales growth and 15% volume contribution, strong in MT channel;
- Monthly review & reconciliation with Finance team to ensure P&L for the business, budget & portfolio management;
- Lead the cross functions (sales, planning, production) on S&OP process to improve the forecast accuracy.
Managing Director Hochiminh Sep 11 – Dec 12
- To guide the business to the future with the planned growth ensuring that all stated objectives, aims and targets are met and lead to the overall company goals ;
- To oversee the operations of companies and organizations ;
- To work as a high level sales person for introducing the company to new potential client and bringing new clients for the company;
- Being responsible for maintaining the effective relationships with the clients by nurturing the relations;
- Overseeing the process of recruiting and retaining of the employees of the company to meet the standard of a company;
- Being responsible for reports to the board of management about the vital information on the company’s overall performance;
- Creating a positive and motivating atmosphere in the company and providing better growth opportunities for the employees;
- Encouraging innovative ideas from the employees and implement them for the benefit of the company ;
- Plans attractive strategies to retain skilled, hardworking and fruitful employees making sure that they are satisfied & loyal to the company.
- Re-structure Account team by Clients ;
- Processes in place to improve Account & Field co-ordination and operation cost control ;
- Define roadmap to win potential Clients from Global network to Vietnam market, resulting in 1.1 mil USD in pipeline in 3 months;
- Cash flow management by weekly reviewing with Finance on account receivable and Client Scorecard tracking with Account team;
- Together with Account team and Operation team on Client’s meeting for prompt support & decision;
- Together with HR deploying the company vision, yearly strategy/focus and PDP system;
- Quarterly Town Hall to ensure smooth communication, transparency & strong team.
Food Marketing Director Hochiminh Jan 10 – Aug 11
- Lead the development of the 3-year Marketing Strategic Plan for the Foods business based on consumer/market-place insights, field feedback and economics:
1- Core Brand profile/target and extension strategy;
2- Advertising/communication strategy;
3- Consumer interaction strategy (grass-roots, promotion, sponsorship, presence);
4- Packaging and pricing strategy;
5- A&M strategy: level of support and Push/Pull balance;
6- In-market success and new market/channel expansion (shared responsibility with Business Development and Field FB VPs);
7- New plays: M&A and strategic partnership opportunities
- Develop the marketing AOP for Foods and ensure timely deployment of field-ready tools:
1- Develop integrated Marketing platforms and deliver broadly applicable/relevant field-ready tools at AOP kick-off ;
2- Manage advertising development (if applicable) and guide key local copy projects;
3- Manage Agencies to develop/deploy world-class, field-ready Sales and Marketing materials .
- Coordinate development of New Product/Packaging platforms with R&D and lead multi-functional teams:
1- Coordinate development of Foods R&D product strategy and pipeline of product/packaging innovation ;
2- Guide validation/testing during development and ensure timely research to meet roll-out deadlines;
3- Ensure that local innovation ideas comply with Brand strategy and facilitate global transfer of learning.
- Build the Marketing organization capability on Foods and enable sharing of best practices:
1- Raise Marketing expertise and know-how;
2- Lead best-practices sharing on Foods; celebrate successes and help re-direct strategy where needed;
3- Nurture an environment of learning and development.
- Support the consumer/customer insights for Foods and analyze competitive intelligence:
1- Identify consumer/market-place insights to sustain competitiveness of Foods products and drive top-line volume;
2- Monitor competitive strategy/moves and review implications on Foods strategy/tactics.
- Contribute to the 3 year foods strategic / IGP plan ;
- Define the VN foods portfolio mix to build potato chips segment as the market leader vs O’star;
- 06 innovations on NPC (non-potato chips) with local relevance in 2010 with the incremental volume about 22%, contributing the total volume growth at 28% vs LY;
- Successful pass the Global Control System on A&M management;
- Lead & deliver on time and in full 2010 marketing calendar;
- Contributing to the significant productivity by marketing initiatives on color packaging reduction of $55K;
- Play leadership role in S&OP, achieved 78% forecast accuracy;
- Successful rollout Stage Gate process to marketing & R&D team and complete implementation to all marketing innovations;
American Standard Vietnam
Marketing Director Hochiminh May 06 – Dec 09
- To prepare, implement and monitor marketing plan including market development and distribution development, focusing on driving Inspire range (luxury suites) ;
- To prepare & control an annual marketing budget which will form part of the business plan ;
- To monitor the marketing environment by gathering specific data such as economic, political, construction industry and competitive trends;
- To identify market needs and conduct necessary market surveys for marketing purpose in order to assess opportunities to increase sales volume;
- To form up capable marketing team of 5 and develop hi-pos ;
- To develop and improve internal and external communication activities, controlling media planning, coordinate with external partners and monitor advertising agencies effectiveness in order to maintain corporate image and brand image;
- To play key role in business improvement projects;
- To ensure that the company marketing activities are in line with the company marketing objectives as well as those of the regional, area and corporate offices .
- Together and co-responsibility with Country Manager to deliver over 20% growth year on year from 2006 from involving in strategic business planning and improvement from product portfolio and pricing, sales activities, after sales service, cost-saving projects, distribution/channel policies;
- Successful launch Inspire range (high-end products) in Sep 06 with heavily media coverage, resulting over 300% growth in Q4 vs Q3 06 and continue to grow at 361% in grand luxury segment in 2007 vs 06;
- Successfully rollout the showroom & corner network nationwide, resulting the personal recognition from Richard Ward, President Asia Pacific, and Vietnam is leading & module for showroom & corner rollout;
- Successfully re-connect with specified group (architects, developers, contractors) via showroom openings, seminars by strengthening the “Design Solution” positioning, on-line activation;
- Strategic pricing plan and portfolio management resulting in achieving 2006 sales target and the Q1 2007 with 60% growth vs LY and 20% increase on gross margin and improving category mix with 12% grand luxury segment contribution from 2% before 2006;
- Form up the marketing team of 5 (product, trade marketing, showroom channel, merchandise, executive in North);
- Improve teamwork spirit through communication process and co-ordination with sales on all sales activities.
Chevron Lubricants Vietnam Limited – Chevron Corp.
Marketing Manager Hochiminh Jan 04 – April 06
- Deliver the profit commitment for Vietnam as well as the other performance results specified on the Scorecard in co-responsibility with general manager;
- Leading the marketing and sales activities, achieving the business plan and increasing the capability of the organization;
- Develop brand strategies into product, pricing, packaging, distribution, promotional activities and advertising strategy;
- Work with regional marketing team & advertising agencies to adapt or to develop local creative directions for building brands in country;
- Through customized or third party’s research to update and manage the latest consumer insight information which enable consumer oriented marketing initiatives and better marketing communications;
- Gather market intelligence to understand market movements, competitors’ strategies in order to create competitive advantages;
- Control marketing budget & ensure spending within agreed Budgets and Close expenditures;
- Set and evaluate key measures that determine the success or failure of the program vs brand objectives.
- Manage two brand managers and identify hi-po for marketing team;
- Set-up or standardize cross-function processes such as pricing, promotion, purchasing, budget tracking.
- Together with the team achieved business target for 04 and 05;
- Improve significantly product portfolio impacting to over 20% increase on margin through brand activities, pricing strategy, distribution improvement;
- Key regional project team for brand repositioning & development strategy;
- Successfully standardize cross function processes from planning (SOIP) to implementation, especially sales & marketing;
- Conceptualize & manage consumer’s activities (Euro promo, music shows, trade loyalty program);
- Refreshing marketing team by recruiting two new FMCG brand managers.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Vietnam
Vitamins Brand Manager Hochiminh Nov 02 – Dec 03
- Develop & implement brand strategy into product, pricing, packaging, distribution, promotional activities and advertising strategy that build brand images & increase profitable volume;
- Gather market intelligence to understand consumer’s need & competitors strategies in order to create competitive advantages;
- Control marketing budget & ensure spending within agreed Budgets and Close expenditures quarterly;
- Set and evaluate key measures that determine the success or failure of the program vs brand objectives;
- Participate in business review with General Manager.
- Forming the new strategies for 2003 (brand plan) by analyzing business situation from 2000 to 2002 in terms of how to rebuild the category which focuses on building the consumer connection, regain/protect and strengthen share regionally, how to manage distributors/dealers' performance, how to refine and expand the Traditional and Non-traditional Channel by region;
- Re-positioning the brand based on latest U&A research & new TVC;
- Conceptualizing & conducting promotion for wholesaler & retail pharmacy which currently help achieving 103 % YTD target;
- Conceptualizing & deploy tactical campaign on print to tap on SARS;
- Full-year contract & new design for poster at retail pharmacy to improve brand visibility;
- Effectively work with regional Therapeutic Champion to build up regional brand plan for vitamins in 2004.
Coca-Cola Southeast Asia Inc.,
Assistant Brand Manager Hochiminh Oct 01 – Nov 02
- Assist brand manager in day-to-day running of brand activities of the Coca-Cola brand;
- Managing & developing visibility objectives. Ensuring Coca-Cola the best reachable by consumers.
- Project management.
- Achieved successfully in developing can packaging for Tet 2002 (Horse icon), in-deep brand connection with Vietnamese consumers;
- Project leader for the “New year, New Start, New House with Coca-Cola” promotion (consumer research, advertising brief, budget planning, lucky draw event…);
- Conceptualizing & co-operating with 3rd party to organize “Consumer Parade” and “Consumer Event” for the FIFA World CupTM Trophy Tour to Vietnam from Jan 20th to Jan 22nd 2002 in HCMC & Hanoi;
- Dealing with Vietnam Football Federal to get the support for the whole program such as licence, security, itinerary, press coverage;
- Managing & developing visibility concept for the whole event of FIFA World CupTM Trophy Tour to Vietnam from Jan 20th to Jan 22nd 2002;
- Project leader for the Coca-Cola & 2002 World CupTM promotion from Apr 29th to June 30th 2002;
- Actively involving in 2002 business analysis & brand plan for 2003.
Unilever Vietnam - Wall’s Business Group
Trade Marketing Assistant Manager Hochiminh Mar 01 - Sep 01
- Activating all Wall’s brands through consumer activities;
- Developing new channels and business opportunities;
- Managing visibility objectives.
- 30% incremental volume gained from nationwide Paddle Pop activation;
- Solero Run (exclusive sponsor ) help by HCMC Youth Cultural House;
- Dealing with Thong Nhat stadium management team to get the billboard for Wall branding;
- The second prize of “Star Brands Activation in Asia;
- Roll out successfully mobile selling units nationwide (push cart).
Assistant Brand Manager Hochiminh Nov 98 – Feb 01
- Developing & managing in-home & out-of-home products (tub & scooping);
- Project manager for Wall’s ice cream parlor in Vietnam.
- Launch tub products with 5 flavors. Achieved 140% volume target in the first year and 150% volume target in the second year.
- Built a new habit of in-home consumption for Wall’s ice-cream.
- Built 4 Wall’s ice cream parlors nationwide.
Sales Supervisor Hochiminh Jun 97 - Oct 98
- Setup & manage retail outlets and key accounts in District 1,3, 5 and 8;
- Achieve assigned targets of number of outlets & volume.
- Continually achieved sales targets;
- Well control retailer system (equipped with freezer) in assigned area;
- Succeed customers: Saigon Water Park, hospital and school channel in HCMC.