SEO expert with 10 years experience. Audits, On-site SEO, Strategy, link diagnostic. I can help you find what's wrong with your website. English and French.
I agree with what was previously said. It will be time-sensitive but worth it if you implement a system to update your sitemap automatically in the future. Also, a solution might exist for your platform that will save you time.
Dividing your sitemap using a sitemap index will also 1. help diagnose possible indexing problems via Webmaster Tools 2. force you to review your site architecture which can lead to valuable insights to improve your site.
Relevant article on the subject: http://www.distilled.net/blog/seo/indexation-problems-diagnosis-using-google-webmaster-tools/
First, gather more details about the lost:
1. Is the page still indexed? (site:yourdomain.com/inner-page-if-it-applies/)
2. If still indexed, are you still somewhere between page 1 and 10?
3. Make sure you don't have a meta noindex on the page or a password, robots disallow, ip based redirection, etc. preventing the bots to crawl the page/site.
4. In Webmaster Tools, try the "Crawl > Fetch as Google" tool to see if they can read the page. If not indexed and they can read, click "submit to index".
5. Look for traffic loss correlation with Google Update (http://panguintool.barracuda-digital.co.uk/). Maybe you've been hit by Panda 4.0 or one of the "Other" updates.
6. Look at your overall organic position recent changes in SEMRush.com to confirm an overall ranking lost.
7. Look for correlation between the lost and any change made to the site in the weeks preceding the lost.
8. Look for suspicious new backlinks preceding the lost with ahrefs.com.
If you don't find your problem, send me a message with your URL and details about the steps above, it'll be a pleasure to take a look and tell you if I can help.
Charles is superb and I recommend him highly whenever I'm talking to other entrepreneurs and the subject of SEO comes up. He is friendly, professional and reliable, and I've found him to be a pleasure to work with.
More importantly, he gets results. Instead of resorting to shady short-sighted SEO tricks, Charles takes a long-term view and aims to improve a website both for the human visitor and the search engines. As a result our site is now easier to navigate and gets the most valuable content in front of our visitors more effectively - and Google has taken note!
We've seen our organic traffic rise steadily and significantly since hiring Charles, and with the ongoing strategies he has recommended I have no doubt this will continue.
Charles est un as du référencement Web! Il a rapidement compris nos besoins, notre secteur d'activité et mis en oeuvre des actions qui ont donné des résultats probants.
Charles helped me with my website (SEO) and the results were tangible; I was always a little skeptical about such services before, but since he optimised my site I have received many inquiries from potential clients who would never have found me otherwise. I very much hope to work with him in the future.
Charles m'a proposé des solutions efficaces et simples qui a permis au site de mon client d'être optimal au niveau de son référencement sur le web. Charles donne beaucoup de conseils pertinents. Il est très professionnel tant au niveau de ses stratégies qu'auprès de ses clients.
Merci Charles !
Charles est un véritable spécialiste non seulement en référencement, mais pour toutes les facettes de votre stratégie marketing Web (optimisation de sites, campagnes publicitaires Web, commerce en ligne, etc.). Je le recommande vivement. Il m'a épauler dans mes fonctions de Recruteur réseaux sociaux chez Industrielle Alliance; son jugement, son sens de l'analyse et son côté pro-actif font de lui un allier de taille qui apportera de véritables résultats à votre entreprise!