MOREL RESTAURANT CONSULTING
Providing strategic solutions to companies regarding sales growth, unit growth, marketing, menu design, operations, people selection and development, real estate, restaurant design, product and facilities management, and profit and loss improvement.
NOODLES & COMPANY 2004–2013
Vice President of Operations – Central Region
Responsible for the growth of the region and the complete operations of over 130 restaurants in five states with sales over $150M.
• Aggressively opened and operated restaurants in Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana and Iowa. • Developed and lead a 25+ member regional support team, including two Market Directors,
15 Area Managers, and field support in Real Estate, Training, Marketing, HR, Finance, and Facilities.
• Created and implemented new programs and tools for Management Development, Business and Marketing
Plans, Operational Store Visits, and P&L Management.
• Received the President’s Award, the company’s highest award given for impacting total company results.
COSI RESTAURANTS 2003
Vice President of Midwest Operations – Midwest
Responsible for the turn around of 26 restaurants in four states.
• Developed a store visit system for District Managers, which improved operational results by focusing on key issues and accountability.
• Designed and implemented management development and mentor programs for General Managers and District Managers which reduced turnover and improved operational results.
• Created Local Store Marketing plans in Michigan and Ohio after assessing consumer and competitive opportunities, which helped drive new customer trial and frequency, improving Same Store Sales.
EINSTEIN NOAH BAGEL CORPORATION 1996-2003
Regional Director of Operations – Midwest 1999-2003
Responsible for the complete operations of 100 restaurants, which generated $75M annually.
• Supervised 8 District Managers (IL, WI, IN, MN, MO and KS) and directed the Marketing, Training and Human Resource teams in the region.
• Achieved the lowest company General Manager turnover in 2002 at 16% by emphasizing developmental programs, store level results-oriented management and quality of life.
• Turned around sales in the 18-store Kansas City market from a three year trend of negative 10-20% to positive 2% in 2002 by improving service, product quality and cleanliness.
District Manager – Chicago, IL 1996-1999
Responsible for 11 restaurants and the training of new company District Managers.
• Awarded the KIM Award for 1998-1999 signifying top all around company performance.
BJ COYOTE GRILL, INC. 1994-1996
General Manager – Coyote Joe’s Restaurant – Evanston, IL
• Researched, designed, and implemented a new menu, which raised sales by increasing guest counts and
frequency of visits.
• Increased sales in 1996 over 20% by creating two successful marketing programs aimed at the local
business community and the Northwestern University campus.
S&A RESTAURANT CORPORATION 1983-1994
Area Director – Bennigan’s Restaurants – Midwest 1990-1994
Supervised seven restaurants in the Midwest with an aggregate annual sales volume of $15 million, including the company’s highest volume unit in Chicago.
• Selected member of the Bennigan’s Menu Development Committee in 1994.
General Manager – Bennigan’s Restaurants – Chicago, IL 1986-1990
• Received Balanced Achievement Award for 1991 signifying superior ability in balancing people, operations
and financial results; and Outstanding People Development Award for 1989, 1990 and 1991. • Set a new company record by promoting nine Managers to General Manager in 1991.
MBA – FINANCE & MANAGEMENT 1982
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
• Resident Director for over 200 residents in South Quad Dormitory.
• Chairman of Personal Growth and Development Committee for University student programs.
BA – ECONOMICS
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
• Honors student for academic achievement.
• Intramural Athlete of the Year in 1979 and 1980.