Lonnie is the author of the bestselling book in franchising Five Pennies: Ten Rules to Successfully Build a Franchise Mega-Brand and Maximize System Profits and the handbook Buying a Franchise - Is it Right for Me?
With over 30 years in franchising, Lonnie has worked with many major brands including Super 8 Motels® and Ident-A-Kid®. He pioneered the technology sector in franchising, founding Computer Doctor®, the first franchise of its kind. Currently, Lonnie is Co-Founder and President of IslandTime Treasures®.
An accomplished speaker, trainer and facilitator with a national presence, Lonnie has been a frequent presenter for the International Franchise Association, Franchisor Association of Florida and other franchise and business groups.
Selected Professional Highlights:
• Successfully redesigned dealer recruiting process for RaceTrac®/RaceWay® Convenience Stores, a $7 Billion company, resulting in attracting a new profile of store owner, new recruiting tactics and process, and increased dealer growth.
• Introduced and completed a strategic re-branding and re-imaging initiative for America’s largest child safety franchise, which led to a dramatic improvement of franchisee relations. Created enhanced new product offerings that increased franchisor & franchisee sales more than 20% in first year.
• Founding committee member and 2-time Chairman of VetFran® - America’s most successful veteran business transition initiative, with over 5,600 veterans that have become franchise business owners since 2011.
• Built six new franchise systems from start-up to operation, with sales results in excess of 100 new franchises per year; and commitments for one brand of over 300 franchises in one year.
• Negotiated and launched a 100 store retail test with Walmart Supercenters as America’s first retail computer service centers.
• Initiated the idea of strategic in-store service centers for Best Buy, which ultimately became known nationally as the Geek Squad.
Board level involvement:
• Past Member, Board of Directors of the International Franchise Association
• Board of Directors of the Franchisor Association of Florida
• 2-Time Chairman, VetFran committee of the International Franchise Association
• Institute of Certified Franchise Executives Board of Governors
• International Franchise Association Franchisor Forum
Lonnie has also served as a member of the Board of Advisors of The International Institute of Franchise Education, H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship, Nova Southeastern University and the Board of Advisors for the Institute of Franchise Management graduate school, University of St. Thomas, Minneapolis, MN. Additionally, he is a three time graduate of the University of St. Thomas Executive MBA program for Franchise Management. In 2002, he became a designated CFE (Certified Franchise Executive).