I understand that you're in SoCal, however I believe the same technique can work anywhere.
First you have to distinguish between entrepreneurs and influencers since they are very often not the same person.
If you're targeting influcencers then make a list so that you can create a strategic approach.
There are also different kinds of entrepreneurs. You have the traditional brick and mortar at one of the spectrum to the startup and technology folks on the other end.
Clearly defining which group you want to meet will help you organize your activities, ultimately delivering the result you are looking for.
1. how and to whom can you deliver value to
2. find groups and individuals outside of your usual circles
3. create connection opportunities for other people in your network
4. Use the line 'who do you know that I should know?'
5. Talk to the ones that are 30+ years older than you. They usually have deep networks.
Hope this helps