The problem is this: the majority of people in North America like to finance or lease things. The whole process of obtaining financing for a vehicle or a boat is not complicated at all, but middle men make it difficult and time consuming. We are developing an application through which people will be able to get the best available rates instead of going to different banks for scheduled appointments with loan reps, which force them to spend their whole day out and eventually get whatever rates are available. Thank you for your opinion.
So ou are building a loan marketplace and instead of being the middle man, be a platform provider.
1) It is a 2 sided market place which are extremenly tought to build
2) This is a Red Ocean with tons of competition and dozens of playes already in.
You should be doing this if you have one of these
1) You have tons of money that gives you a long runway
2) There is an innovative angle to it.. E.g Peer 2 Peer or Micro crowd financing were a novel idea some time back.
I did a random search and there are tons of services that are walking zombies that are in loan for students, house, boats (niches like that) and also based on crowd and p2p.
Having said that, I do not your big idea and vision in detail, So there could be something really unique AND VALUABLE that you are planning to offer..
Happy to talk and idea storm.,.
if you are not in a position to pay, I am more than happy to do a 30 min free call.. Let me know...
Or message me if you have specific question.
First off, you need to validate:
1. this is indeed a problem for users
2. how do most users currently discover financing options? Is there a point in that user flow where the user would search for financing options beyond those readily available to them?
(ex. buying a car at a dealership, I would receive an option from the dealership, I'd check with my existing bank(s) if they could beat that rate and go with the lower of those two).
3. you can provide better rates/better convenience.
If all of the above check out, you have a valid opportunity.
Viability would now depend on the ability of your solution to:
1. Make users aware of your offering
2. Plug into their existing workflows
3. Provide better rates, faster than the status quo
All the best and feel free to reach out if I can help any further.
I am working with a Community Gaming Portal and app that has 20,000 subscribers. In your space, it is occurring to me that the marketplace formulation may suit you better, that is being a place for providers and customers to congregate. You may wish to avoid actually executing the financing.
Beyond that, the sell on such an app would be empowering the consumer first and having providers compete and bid on consumers.
Am happy to speak with you on ways to build a user base, transaction model and brand development.
Talk with you soon!