I need to draw traffic to my website, and I don't really want/have time to write blog posts. Google adwords seems to work pretty well, but I have not managed to utilize Facebook very well. Since I'm selling a B2B service, I feel it's difficult to engage people on Facebook.
You need to adopt integrated approach to market planning, strategy design, and execution. And, that starts with how the business is positioned across internet. Website, Content, Social Media Presence, Media specific strategy et al forms some of the ingredients. People engagement follows planned messaging/communication and ends with people experience.
The first uphill battle is the term 'logo'. Logos can be bought for a few bucks on sites that pump out hundreds of generic logos a day. Perhaps you should be selling 'branding', 'visual identity packages', etc.
I know this doesn't solve your immediate challenge of awareness, but by positioning yourself better, you'll increase your value, and validate higher pricing once you do have a lead.
Three great ways to increase traffic. 1) Start an affiliate program. By doing this your links will be on websites which tend to raise your page rank. The higher the commission the more advertisers of your product you will get. 2) Create FIVE new domains and do 1 page websites. These five new domains will be searchable domains versus brandable domains. Let me explain. Brandable is Geico.com. Most people know it's insurance, but you would never know that by it's name. A searchable domain would be BestLogoCreations.com. This may be an active domain, but it's an example. When people do their searching they tend to you the word BEST & LOGO in their search. So you job is you need FIVE searchable domains that capture that market. Here are a few examples of how I would do it. Keep in mind they may be taken, but you have to think outside the box. And before I list these domains off the top of my head my disclosure to you is this. I own close to 1000 doimains. My main business website received 90% LESS business than my searchable domains. Read that again. My main domain does not produce me my business. My searchable domains produce the most business and because they have the key words they are searching in the domain I tend to be on the first page within 1 to 3 days of starting the website. So here are some ideas. BestBusinessLogos.com, 123LogoCreations.com, Logos4U.com, BestLogos247.com, DallasTexasBusinessLogos.com (city specific), WeCreateLogos.com, FirstChoiceLogoDesign.com, LogoDesigner4u.com 3) Every time you do job you should post that logo to your website, you should always have the buyer of the logo give you feedback and post that feedback, ask them to like your facebook page, get a linkedin account. It's the facebook for the business world. I have a template based email I send to every customer. 90% respond and give a glowing report. The other 10% don't check their emails or hate using the internet. I know these numbers because I use bananatag to see if they are getting the emails and approximately 10% are not opened. I said three, but let me give you one more. Find every website that allows you to post your business on the net for free. MerchantCircle, Craigslist, BackPage, etc. Good Luck. B
If Google adwords is working for you, why not keep working on that acquisition method? Do you have a Dribbble account? Could be a good source for new customers, too.
When looking for a logo, clients want to see your past work, hear recommendations from your customers, and know the pertinent details (how long will this take, what's the process)? I find most graphic designers make this all hard to find on their websites, so make sure you are optimized to answer your customer's main questions before they have to ask them.
If you don't have time for your own blog, there's nothing wrong with that, but perhaps you could write a guest post for another small business blog that gives tips on picking a designer, communicating your vision to a designer, what to expect when you want a new logo, etc.
Meet people in adjacent fields. At some point, it might lead to referrals and work. And if not, conversations are (or should be) rewarding in and of themselves.
For instance, send me a LinkedIn connection request.
You don't need to draw traffic to your website, write blog posts, or engage people on fucking Facebook. You need to work on logos and make money. Find potential clients with a crappy logo and DM them.
People often associate logos with brands and people use brands to empower themselves. Any individual can have a “social influence” by virtue of his/her social interactions on the web or via mobile technologies, this is how they feel empowered. If you can empower them with your logo your job is done.
Besides if you do have any questions give me a call: https://clarity.fm/joy-brotonath