Looking for a list of investors who would consider a ticket size of $1-5 million for a couture house.
One of my clients received $500k funding ONE week after we did our pitch coaching session. What they learned from our session is to be 100% focused and not to follow the "scatter gun approach" that they had for the 9 previous months.
Another client was looking for 50 investors, and after our coaching in 3 weeks he raised 65% of the funds he needed from 2 investors! He said
"After our coaching session, the big change was that I realized that I just needed to approach confidently the bigger investors first."
You can create very quickly a list of investors interested in your field if you ask the right questions and understand your business, and industry like a pro.
Then you can start creating a more effective and efficient investors pipeline.
Basic questions to have answers to are:
• Who will be interested in your couture house?
• Who will benefit from seeing you succeed?
• Who will be hurt from seeing you succeed?
• Who was in your shoes when they started?
• Who is not yet in the industry and wants in?
• Who are all the richest players in your industry?
Other questions you will need to look into once you've got a list of investors to approach is:
1. How do you create a dynamic in which angels and investors WANT to meet you... rather you wanting to meet them?
2. What is your strategy for meeting angels / investors, for having conversations with them and for building useful relations with them?
3. How do you present your pitch?
4. What kind of questions do you ask angels / investors?
If you want to dive in further on how you can raise the money your couture house, get in touch to arrange a call.
This is such a broad question. If you want a list, here is a list: http://www.entrepreneur.com/vc100
There is so much more to your question. Do you have revenue, do you have a current business, have you designed clothing before, have you manufactured clothing, there are so many things that I'd ask you to get a better idea of what investor you'd want to go after. However there are plenty of "lists" out there.
I have 25 years of experience working with early stage technology companies and investors.
I’m often asked about fundraising strategies for VC funds and angel investors. After raising capital and exiting from multiple startups and investing through 15 venture funds and dozens of angel investments I have seen thousands of deals.
I’ve found that the most productive use of time for both of us is scheduling a call through my profile.