2 B Shiu Fai Terrace Flt 7 Flr 6
Several years of accomplishment in a variety of executive management roles with over twenty years international experience in the Asia Pacific Rim; encompassing, machining, semiconductors, commercial and military electronics, including ten years with an international consulting firm accelerating return on capital, cash flow and cost reduction. Companies ranged in size from “startup” to over a billion USD in sales..
June 2014 to Present Senior Principal Consultant
Jan 06 to June 2014 Senior Principal Resultant
SME International Business Solution
Over the past several years I have had a number of clients many of which were in China. The assignments varied but utilized my Management, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, and Business experience, and capabilities.
Presented over 30 seminars in Singapore, on Manufacturing Management supporting Epicor Corporation in their sales process for manufacturing ERP systems, in Asia Pacific Region.
Restructured Inventory Management processes in Singapore SMEs, reducing cash tied up in inventory by over 60%, while accelerating customer response time, and order “Fill-Rate” performance.
Worked with Plastics Molding and sub contract assembly company in Dongguan reducing the mold “change over” process from 1 hour to 35 minutes, gaining 2 equivalent machines of productivity. Leaned assembly process of key product line to eliminate 30% of labor and trained new project manager to follow through on Lean project..
Worked with US owned Custom Retail Fixture manufacturing company in Shanghai that supplies to the “Branded” retail industry.
o Developed long term business plan and strategy for new business
o Implemented many Business Process changes
o Mentored ERP Project Manager on the implementation of SAP Cloud based system
Mentored Director of South Asia Marketing for Microsoft, Singapore.
2003 to Jan 06 Managing Director
Owings Mills, MD.
Hired to effect a turnaround of the Asia operations performance, both functionally, and financially. Hong Kong office has Sales, Customer Service and Finance with the Factory in Shenzhen China. The Asian operation is now self sufficient with local management, both in China and Hong Kong.
Reduced O/H costs by USD$250K
Accelerated response to initial customer orders from 16 days to 5 days.
More than doubled the productivity of the primary CNC machine driven manufacturing process in eight months.
Improved quality of outgoing product by 20%
Restructured Sales process increasing Sales in Asia by 200% in 2005.
Managed the process improvement, and implementation of new ERP system
My work time apportioned being in China, and in Hong Kong half the week.
2002 to 2003 Asia Pacific Managing Director
Mackie Designs Inc
Joined Mackie Designs in July of 2002. At that time they had been in the process of trying to transfer the manufacturing of their products to a China subcontract manufacturer for the previous two years. Quality performance was poor, transit time from China to Seattle was taking 36 days, master scheduling was ineffective, and schedule misses were in the 50% range. The process was stalled.
Managing a Team of engineers and working a “eight weeks in China-three weeks in the USA” schedule;
• Revised the Master Scheduling process, and strategy to provide tighter control of planning and inventory to maximize use of cash.
• Reduced Finished Goods supply chain cycle time from China from 36 to 12 days.
• Developed and implemented strategic product transfer from Italy facility to China resulting in a USD$600K improvement in profit margins
• Drove a quality upgrade process in assembly, wave solder and speaker manufacturing factory resulting in consistent, shipment of acceptable product back to the U.S..
• Freight cost reduced by 15% through more effective container loading thereby freeing up significant cash.
• Set up and conducted strategic supplier sourcing and survey process that qualified several alternative subcontract assembly houses throughout China.
• Renegotiated the Subcontract Manufacturing agreement for the current supplier to more clearly define the business roles of each party to the agreement, and assure the strategic needs of Mackie would be met.
1999 to 2002 BPI “Resultant”
Thomas Group Asia
Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Rejoined Thomas Group in 1999 after relocating to Singapore and was assigned to serving clients with offices in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, and China improving profit performance through the application of my broad Business experience base, project management skills, and Business Process Improvement methodologies.
Through the management, facilitation and mentoring of Cross Functional Teams
• Completed an ERP system up grade on time, and trained a key manager in project management process significantly improving Supply Chain Management elements of the system resulting in a major reduction in cash committed to Inventory.
• Decreased Finished Goods Inventory by 70% while increasing order “Fill Rate” from 60% to 95%,
• Designed a “Pull” Finished Goods Inventory Planning process that was implemented across 12 product lines negating the need for sales forecasts or MRP planning.
• Reduced manufacturing Cycle Time from 45 days to 10 days.
• Reduced Order Entry Cycle Time at major Semiconductor test facility by 90%
1997-1999 CEO Family owned construction company -
• Grew top line and bottom line by 20%
1996 to 1997 Director of Operations
Hired by Cypress in January 1996 to address some serious issues in their Thailand test and finish facility, which supplied 60% of the product for this company’s $550 million in sales. Relocated to Thailand in April of 1996 when my Team and I began an upgrade of the performance of the total operation.
Implemented and Managed Project Teams as part of my general management responsibilities and obtained the following results:
• Gained 28,000 hours of productive test time annually through First Pass Yield improvement of the set up process by effecting the rebuild of all test equipment.
• Improved key metrics - Dynamic Cycle Time down by 60%, Static Cycle Time 98th percentile down by 85%, Electrical AOQL improved by 90%, effecting a significant reduction in unit cost.
• Managed the selection and installation of the plant’s first spares Supply Chain Management, Preventative Maintenance, and storage system. The system is now the backbone sustaining the $60 million of equipment in their facility.
• Completed a re layout of the factory, which doubled the use of existing floor space, had a large favorable impact on productivity, and was accomplished with zero down time.
1991 -1996 BPI PARTNER
Thomas Group Inc.
San Jose, California
Worked with Fortune 1000 companies improving profit performance through the application of my broad Business experience base, project management skills, and Business Process Improvement methodologies.
1990 - 1991 VICE PRESIDENT & C.O.O.
Sygnos Technologies Ltd.
Asia Securities Venture Capitalists Hong Kong, Ltd (ASIL-VC)
Designed and implemented the operations organization for this start up manufacturer of LCD VGA desk top computer monitors.
C. E.O. & MANAGING DIRECTOR
Asia Securities Venture Capitalists Hong Kong, Ltd
Restructured this start up designer and manufacturer of energy efficient electronic ballasts to address some serious strategic, engineering, reliability, and cost issues.
1988 - 1990 GROUP DIRECTOR MATERIEL
National Semiconductor Corporation
Datachecker Systems Division
Santa Clara, California
Built an integrated Supply Chain Management function for this $250 million manufacturer of “Point of Sales” equipment.
1979 - 1988 PRESIDENT AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Pacific Electro Dynamics
Chief Executive for this design and manufacturing organization serving majority of United States air frame and prime military contractors with state-of-the-art custom low voltage power conversion electronics. Grew company profitably from $4 million to $20 million $US in sales.
1976 -1979 Managing Director
National Semiconductor Corporation
Hired as Operations manager; within six months, promoted to General Manager. In 30 months increased productivity from 250 units/hour to 2100 units/hour in semi automated plant. Doubled outgoing quality.
MBA, California State University, San Jose, California
BA, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington