I'm a design researcher specializing in qualitative methods and UX/usability testing.
My clients are innovators in emerging markets that address the needs and desires of underserved communities around the world.
Current and previous clients include:
Department of Veteran's Affairs
Habitat for Humanity
International Red Cross
Millennium Challenge Corp.
Population Services International
My design toolkit includes:
UX and interaction design
Building design capacity
Coaching and mentoring for creative teams + leaders
What this looks like in action:
- Applying human-centered design skills, like problem framing, ethnographic interviewing and design synthesis, to reveal tangible outcomes for growth and change for both businesses and non-profits.
- Leveraging user research techniques to provide strategic insight into user needs and product usefulness and usability.
- Visualizing findings from the user research process, including wireframes, storyboards, mockups and simple prototypes that help accelerate deliverables.
- Crafting insightful narratives about processes, prototypes and potential opportunities, whether it’s a 140 character tweet or a pitch to C-level executives.
How I've helped past clients:
- Leading qualitative research on how internet connectivity could solve existing problems in rural medical clinics in Narok County in order to help BRCK better understand the potential market and marketing in the medical vertical.
- Managing all aspects of the product development cycle for Cool Culture’s first-ever digital app, including brainstorming, design, testing, documentation and support, in addition to overseeing all project contractors and financial considerations.
- Oversaw a team in Kenya and Uganda through the design research process, from planning interviews and ethnographic inquiries, to translating observations into patterns and personas, to helping inform prototypes for implementation, for a Medic Mobile project sponsored by the Rockefeller Foundation about health innovations for informal economy workers.