Founder, CEO + Managing Director Townapps Ltd (www.townapps.ie)
Leading a team of experienced technology, online media and app development experts to deliver a suite of mobile applications targeting locals and visitors to spend more time and money in their locality. Delivering tailored apps offering business listings revenue and strong reach branding opportunities to licenced partners, such as local Media Groups and County Councils e.g. The Connacht Tribune, Celtic Media Group and Wexford County Council. Managing all finance, operations, recruitment, online presence and provision of partner support structures.
• Set up business and secured initial investment to develop, test and commercialise the baseline application
• Selected prime locations via research of tourism/retail statistics and appointed local roll-out partners
• Led an 8-strong team of local system architects & international app developers over 6 months to deliver first MVP
• Launched Athlone App in both Apple and Android stores in Sept 2012
• Met first milestone app downloads target and commercial app listing sales revenue by Christmas 2012, and receiving excellent development feedback via e-mail survey and partner evaluations
• Formulated data protection standards and privacy plan for Townapps
• Grew business to engage 14 trusted partners with live apps (12 Irish, and 2 Canadian)
• Coached sales & marketing teams within Business Partners to achieve successful roll-out of the application via training courses (e.g. App Promotion & Marketing Techniques) and fortnightly 1-1 coaching sessions
• Summer 2014: Launched a number of apps in different games , utilities and educational sectors.