I have ~7 years of experience in deep learning, a field which is around 9 years old. Throughout my work, I have committed at committees such as the ACM SIGKDD and won the Google AI Impact Award with a $1M grant.
I have witnessed some of the inception, how the industry has changed, adapted, and matured over the years into a very "hyped" and main-stream segment. I have worked both in deep research roles, as well as company-building roles and culture-changing roles with Fortune 500 companies. I have worked worked as an investor, as a consultant, and a founder.
I started off with various research positions inside ETH Zurich, focusing on applied, as well as theoretical areas of machine learning. Some areas of research (each about 6 months) include:
- medical machine learning to read cross-patient EMG signals using Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs)
- classical statistical methods for population modelling of cancer patients and drug-developments
- Sequential model based optimization, bayesian optimization and (deep) reinforcement learning
- Knowledge representation, knowledge disentanglement, search engines, and recommender engines
After my "training" in the theoretical fields, I co-founded Skilllab, a company that uses artificial intelligence to assess someone's skillset. This is ultimately used for career guidance. Over 5 years, I have designed, modeled and deployed scalable micro-service-based machine learning solutions, consisting of recommender engines, search models, matching models, and natural language processing (NLP) models.
Next to my journey at Skilllab, I have worked in various consulting roles for startups, SMEs, and Fortune 500s. Select projects include:
- multi-variate time-series modeling for a manufacturing facility
- setting up a small R&D team for a medtech startup in the IVF space
- building a scraper & search engine for B2B e-commenrce
- build high-frequency-trading data-engineering infrastructure in the blockchain space
I stay posted with the latest research and conduct some projects in the ML space.
Do reach out if I can be of assistance.