Winnipeg, Canada Area
*International Business Instructor at the Post Secondary Level through the University of Manitoba, Asper School of Business
*More than 20 years of business management experience including extensive executive experience in healthcare. Managed 22 surgical practices under the umbrella of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, UMG.
*Effectively able to communicate complicated concepts in an understandable manner, matching the message to the audience.
*Experienced in supervision, training, motivation and evaluation of personnel. Skilled in finding problems and performing necessary change through project management or other methods.
*Maximize resources to achieve customer satisfaction and increased productivity, meet deadlines and goals. Implement and coordinate both strategic and tactical plans to enhance performance.
*Adept and experienced in problem solving and providing solutions. Excellent qualifications in leadership and interpersonal communications.
*Persuasive, with ability to communicate effectively with culturally diverse audience. Public speaking and executive management briefing experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collaborative leadership style which supports and promotes systems thinking, continuous improvement and patient centered care
• Develop positive and effective relationships with physicians and staff
• Develop collaborative relationships with local community partners
• Committed to a integrative and accountable performance management system
• well developed change management competencies, overseeing EHR planning and implementation process for 22 of Winnipeg’s Orthopedic Surgery Practices.
Vision and Strategy
• Communicated and promoted a vision committed to efficiency, mission and values to internal and external stakeholders
• Participated in and supported the organization's long term business strategy
• Advocated and promoted integrated orthopedic patient care through the use of technology with community partners to improve access to care and healthcare delivery in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Northern Ontario in alignment with the long term business strategy of the organization.
• Improved capital purchasing approval process increasing accountability to costs
• Oversee and support staff, volunteers and students; creating a healthy work environment
• In consultation with Government Departments, developed benchmarks in accountability in the areas of safety, quality and delivery of care, financial performance and resource management.
• Prepared and managed annual operating plan and capital equipment plan in accordance with Ministry of Health guidelines and reporting requirements
• Report results against strategic goals and objectives to organization