I have started a new SEO company. I need direction on how to get my first client.
* Make sure your presentation is ready for clients, including packages, what you offer and results that someone can expect to get. The more you share, the more interest you will "drum up."
* It's important to have a niche, even if it is in SEO. The market is flooded with businesses you are competing against. For instance, many companies will focus on something like SEO for doctors, then will focus on locality, allowing them to really target and build to those who are interested.
* Reach Out: Look at places that are hiring for SEO contractors and have RFPs. You will find several resources and boards that are always looking for someone to help.
* Reach Out: If you are specialising in a specific niche, then contact websites or those in your locality.
* Show Your Presence: When you focus on a niche, it allows you to build SEO on your own website. This is important because if you offer the service and don't show results yourself, then it creates a loss of validity.
* Show Your Presence: Social media, articles, PR... anything that gathers attention that you are ready for business should be highlighted, especially since you are launching.
Want to know about launch campaigns or how to put these details together? I can help!
If you do what you preach, you have probably optimized your own website to a top-notch inbound lead generation machine already! However, if that is not enough, here are a few ideas:
1. Register to some of the big sites where projects are offered. Like Clarity. :) Freelancer.com is a big one as well, with a lot of SEO projects available.
2. Paid advertising. Do it well or it will cost you more than it brings in.
3. Find web sites where you can meet the future clients: business sites like LinkedIn or some more SEO specific sites like SEOChat for example. Search them for posts with a stated need for SEO company.
4. Also, define your target group well. When you know their pain points, you can address them directly.
Good luck with your new company!