Do you know if it is viable to work with a remote business partner when running an e-commerce business?
Both partners have had really strong experience and success.
The timeline of events are as followed;
- A business partners lease ran out in Melbourne
- The partner then was going to buy real-estate in Melbourne but decided to move to Korea quite abruptly with no real warning
- The reason behind the Korea move is because it is cheaper
- The partner wants to go there for 4 months during the startup phase of the business
- If the partner has decided to do this now, what is the likelihood of them doing this again in 2-3 years
- The end goal is to build an 8 figure business within 4 years which is achievable with the track record all partners have had
An e-commerce business can definitely be run off a laptop but our questions are.
> Is it really viable?
>Will it be harder to bounce ideas and be innovative?
> What objections can you see for this situation?
> Will this kill momentum?
> What are your immediate concerns?
It really depends on your relationship with this person, which I didn't think you mention. Do you know him and trust him?
If you trust him that's fine. The only issue I see is the time zone difference, you'll just have to work it out between the two of you.