I want to stay local, not travel all over the bay area to see clients. What type of on-line services could I provide that would be on-line confidential, and also gain visibility for the services I offer?
I would love to advise a few ideas to get your online business going. With a background and expertise in Internet Marketing, I believe that a blog could be a great way to increase your client way. Additionally, with content marketing, you can offer your services and clinical advise across the Bay area for your current and future client base. Lastly, we can discuss a robust social media and ad words based visibility engagement campaign to help you grow your business in the bay area. I would love to speak with you on the phone to answer any follow up questions. Have a wonderful day.
You have a lot of options here. In descending order of your time commitment:
1. Booking appointments in person in an area you wouldn't mind travelling to
2. Booking vitrual appointments on skype/phone (does not apply to all services obviously)
3. X emails/week with or without the above 2
4. Access to a generic coaching plan with lessons (with or without 1 or 2 bundled for some personalization)
5. A paid membership group for people going through your plan to support each other (should be free in the beginning)
6. Information products on different aspects of what you teach
The good thing about a model like this is that the lower commitment/price offers feed into the higher commitment/price offers. The ones that don't require your physical presence are also not limited to the bay area.
I know many people in the marketing space who develop client relationships so deep that clients will fly across the country or from other countries to sit down for a half day consultation.
As far as visibility, none of these will necessarily get visibility by themselves. But you can get 'free' publicity if the online advertising is profitable.
I think your expertise in the field makes you a good fit for a content marketing strategy. Profitable advertising can cut off the months to years most people spend hoping google will eventually bless them.
Let me know if you have any more questions!