I am implementing Oauth (social login) with Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Im not yet sure of the marketing advantages of this. I am trying get my local business app downloaded.
Social logins are great because they allow you to tap into your user's network. But if your app doesn't have any viral capabilities, a social login becomes another registration form.
To identify a potential viral factor in your app, answer the following questions:
1. What is a strong reason that would encourage a random user to download your app?
2. After a user downloads the app, what value will he gain if he invites his friends to download your app?
3. What is a strong reason for someone who received a friend invitation to download your app?
Your answers to the above questions should solve one or more pain points for your users. After you have reached satisfying answers, you need to do the following:
1. Modify your business app in order to include any additional features that are necessary to address the issues answered above.
2. Modify your messages and marketing efforts in order to highlight the pain points you're solving for your users.
I hope this helps.
Typically the login email used for social media accounts is an email address that the individual monitors on a regular basis. In a world of multiple email addresses, this is the ideal address to have.
In my own businesses those email addresses are added to an email auto-responder system that allows me to have an ongoing dialogue with my subscribers. In that dialogue I offer my products and services on a regular basis.
Ideally you want to offer your list consistent value. Your offers should be presented as a solution to a problem or a tool for making life simpler.
Schedule a call with me if I can be of further assistance.