I need someone to help me develop an education app for a simple but potentially disruptive product.
There are many resources to find mobile developers now. You will have to balance your investment level with reliability and quality. sites like Odesk, eLance, Freelancer and others are great resources to post a project and await many bids from developers all over the world...it will be very difficult to really gauge the quality of work...especially if you are not technical enough to review their work. Ensure you indicate very clear requirements and samples. There are often general differences between country of origin. I strongly recommend you work with a fixed bid and not hourly.
Ultimately, it is best to find someone local through Meetup.com events, local colleges/universities and referrals from others.
Sometimes, you can get parts of what you need done through low cost resources.
The best place to find affordable mobile app developer are as follows:
1. Toptal: The name says it all – Top Talent (Toptal). Here you can find find the Top 3% of Freelance App (iOS / Android) Developers for hire because only the top 3% of all those candidates who apply, get through to become mobile app developers with Toptal.
You get the best level of work in a justified budget within a hard deadline. App developers at Toptal, bring with them unique perspectives and approaches.
Chances are, you get more than what you paid (and hoped) for. It makes more sense than working with completely unknown people, doesn’t it?
They are extremely transparent about their fees and all and have an extremely good customer-centric approach. Mobile app development is one of their focus areas.
So, there would be a Toptal representative who keeps a continuous track of how your apps project is progressing and what your confidence is about working with Toptal and the end-result.
That takes away much of the project management hours which you would be burdened with yourself if you had to opt for the typically hired app developer.
So how much does it cost to build an app with Toptal?
1. Average Hourly Rate: $65 - $95+ per hour
2. Part-Time: $1000 - $1600+ /week
3. Full-time: $2000 - $3200+ /week
Given that Toptal only hire the absolute best, prices are at a premium, but the quality is obviously going to match such premium rates.
2. Gun.io: With Gun.io you can quickly add firepower to your engineering team, whether you need app developers or other resources for your teams. Gun.io is not a typical self-serve marketplace; instead, their primary focus is to help you quickly recruit more resources to your existing engineering team. If you are planning on hiring app developers on a permanent basis - these are the people you should go to. For teams looking to scale up quickly, let us say you are setting up an app development team, or parachute in additional expertise, Gun.io is a no-brainer. They help you find awesome mobile app developers for hire in no time at all, typically less than 48 hours. They do the work of personally sourcing, vetting, and matching candidates for your team, so you can keep your teams energy focused on shipping your software product. Gun.io is known for its rigorous vetting process, which is a 7-step, 360-degree approach designed to assess engineers as multi-dimensional professionals. Hundreds of successful client-engineer relationships have helped them understand the nuance of a fantastic match - beyond just skillset expertise.Gun.io was built by engineers who understand the importance of collaboration, so communication aptitude and integrity are requirements to pass their vetting process. (And they have got raving reviews to boot, check out their score, 4.9 stars out of 5 on G2Crowd). Plus, 90%+ of their talent community is based in the United States, allowing for close time zone alignment - if you want to hire from the United States. The team at Gun.io works quickly to match an app developer with clients and are usually able to do so within 2 days. Hiring a software engineer and/or finding app developers through Gun.io costs the same as a traditionally hired, full-time app developer, and without the usual cost of a hiring cycle.
And if retention is on your mind and you are looking for mobile app developers for the long-term - the tenure of a Gun.io engineer is 30% higher than their traditionally hired peers. Gun.io specializes in matching clients with freelance and contract mobile app developers, and clients have the flexibility to choose their hourly commitment - from part-time all the way up to full-time engagement. The hiring process with Gun.io is expedited: you will see candidates within 48 hours. From there, you can move as fast as you would like to get started on your mobile application development needs.
How much does it cost to hire an app developer from Gun.io?
Hourly rates: typically, between $75 - $150 per hour
3. Fiverr Pro: This is more of a platform that you would come across conventionally if you are looking for cheap jobs. The only difference you get vetted mobile app developers who have a proven track record and at what they do (hence why PRO), rather than the ones who you find on the usual Fiverr gigs. If you hire app developers from here, you can be assured that their work has been validated and they have a proven track record. There are specific categories that classify mobile app development freelances, so you can focus on your app development needs.
Freelance app developers who are allowed enrolment in Pro are only sourced from the highest performers who have achieved top ratings and a proven record of delivering quality services. Just to use a few statistics, only 1% of applicants go on to earn Pro status. As with other gigs, it's the hires themselves who look at your app development requirements in detail, and then each iOS and Android app freelancer who is eligible and would be best suited to execute your project will send an offer.
Essentially, it boils down to you creating a good detailed specification and questions who ensure compliance with your job, but you not having to worry whether these are just cowboys, who would do it a little more than good and whether they would be the best person for the job at hand. Given that these are on the Pro list, they are guaranteed to be able to deliver. Of course, the nature of the platform ensures that finding idea candidates can be quite quick, even within a day. This is quick. Another positive – they have particularly good assurances and guarantees about any payments you will make with them. They have different budget deduction statements, with the one we loved most was the 100% credit promise if the assigned freelancer you hired did not complete your project within the set deadline. This is a great guarantee, for two reasons. First, you can be sure that projects will meet their timeline. Second, in the extreme case that they do not, you get your money back, and you can start the job with a different app developer. Since the launch of Pro, Fiverr has acquired a name for itself for proving good quality services. One should note that Fiverr is mostly a platform for all freelancers, but we have linked you directly to the mobile development section, so you can go directly to finding candidates to work on applications.
How much does it cost to hire an app developer on Fiverr Pro?
Fixed Price gigs: $1400+
4. Hired: This is more of a job marketplace having awesome mobile app developers for hire who, where companies compete to take people on board. If you hire an app developer from their pool, they guarantee that only the top 5% of people who apply to be a part of their app development community are accepted, so once again, people are strictly vetted. This means that you can rest assured to only find the best people here - but most importantly, they match talents and skills to the jobs required, trimming down the time spent by both employers and hires. And yes, when they say companies compete to take programmers at Hired on board, they really mean it. In fact, they have branded themselves to be a bit more inclined towards finding developers, good companies to work with. Only senior people with a good portfolio of diverse experience are taken in and then they are given a choice of companies who are good matches for them and ready to employ. You can hire a mobile app developer and desktop application programmers on all models here: fulltime, contract, freelance to build your mobile app. As app development in such demand these days, hired also have a good focus on hiring good mobile app development candidates. There is enough team structure flexibility to ensure that any model is well-serviced. The hiring process is quick, generally gets done quite rapidly - most companies save up to 45 sourcing hours per role filled. And throughout the project or the tenure for which you hire a freelancer, or hire an app developer, you can be sure that you will get quality work, deliver desired outcomes within a set timeline.
How much does it cost to hire app developers with Hired?
Hired do have a specific pricing system in place which depends on the type of contract that you have both with Hired and with the employee, over and above the price of the candidate.
5. X-team: Another trustworthy name. Once again, one of their focuses is mobile app development, so you get both iPhone and Android application developers for hire here, on full-time and/or monthly models, whatever works best for you - they are as flexible as necessary. Not that developing for an Android app and an iOS app is different, so do keep that in mind. While some general patterns are shared, the platforms are quite different from each other. Ideally, you have one developer to build an app for each platform you want to deploy to (i.e. one iOS developer for the iOS App Store, and one for Android App development). The freelancers who are assigned to your project are exclusively dedicated to your stuff, which ensures that they keep focused and improves the quality with which your project is executed. All programmers who work as a member of Xteam are vetted and screened for performance (speed of execution) and quality of coding. They are also screened for dealing with different project problem scenarios before they are taken on board. This makes the (x)-team more agile and better equipped to deal with unique issues that might arise when your project is being executed. Xteamers are the power of two at the budget of one – you will find that most candidates here are both mobile app designers and mobile app developers. X-Team cover 8 time zones in their operations, essentially serving any country in the world, wherever you are set up. You can work with an Xteam, regardless of your location.
How much does it cost to hire an app developer from X-team?
Hourly Rate: $2 - $250 per hour
Besides if you do have any questions give me a call: https://clarity.fm/joy-brotonath