Developing Chartered Financial Divorce Specialists and their businesses.
- 1st Canadian to be trained in Financial Divorce Planning; brought this practice to Canada.
- Helped establish the first Financial Divorce Planning standards in Canada, and the prerequisite for students seeking a divorce planning specialization to hold a recognized accredited financial background.
- Has trained over 100 professionals in the financial aspects of collaborative cohabitation, marriage agreements, relationship or marital breakdown (separation or divorce) as Chartered Financial Divorce Specialists (CFDS).
- Has grown qualified membership beyond 200 members.
- Helped establish Northern Ontario Chapter for the Canadian Association of Financial Planners.
- Became its 2nd president (successor to John Della Bosca). The CAFP later divided into what became the IAFP in 2002 (for those with an RFP designation) and Advocis in 2003.
- Former Board Member of the Institute of Advanced Financial Planners (IAFP when it started), also helping start the first IAFP National Symposium.
- One of the first Canadians to hold the CFP designation.
- For a period of time the only woman holding both CFP & RFP designations in Northeastern Ontario.
- Early adopter of fee-for-service financial planning.
- Started and ran the only Northern Ontario Mutual Fund dealership from 1996 to 2018.
Regular contributor to newspapers like the Sudbury Star and the Northern Live; contributor to various books such as 'Your Divorce – Your Dollars' with Akeela Davis; 'The Joy of an Ex' with Jackie Ramler; and from 2001 to 2021 industry magazines including Investment Executive, Morningstar, MoneySense and Advisor’s Edge.
Public speaker at conferences across the country and internal media such as Advisor’s Edge Dynamic Mutual Funds and the IAFP podcast.
Sudbury Arts Council President 2014 - 2021
- Received the Oryst Sawchuck Award, presented by the Sudbury Arts Council Board to honour someone who has made a significant contribution to the arts and the city.
Woman of the Year by the Sudbury Business & Professional Women's Organization in 1996, the same year receiving recognition from Donald J. Johnston as one of the first individuals in Canada to be licenced by the Financial Planners Standards Council (FPSCC).
In 2000 Mrs. Cartier was awarded Member of Distinction by the Canadian Association of Financial Planners.