John delivers a renaissance spectrum of experience to 'Build Community by Design," serving domestic and international clients as a creative and strategic business advisor, facilities program planner, owner’s representative, and entrepreneurial project manager. Working with prominent architecture, planning, and engineering firms in Boston, Cambridge, and Seattle since 1994. John is a highly accountable team member and business development director for construction projects valued at over $430 million with seventy percent in higher education. From staff architect to director of marketing, vice president of strategic planning, and as principal, John assembled and directed a sixteen-person corporate leadership team integral to a 5-firm acquisitions in 1-year, realizing growth from 140 to 325 professionals throughout twelve offices with annual billings of $30 million and ranking among the top-50 firms in the U.S.
His engaging leadership style as a facilitator and dynamic educator strengthens the interdependency among stakeholders, staff and design teams, client groups, and governing boards. He engenders broad-based participation to galvanize groups and raise everyone’s understanding of the complex social, environmental, design, mechanical, and economic aspects of a project. John’s first decade-long career was as a communications executive and media director with full-service advertising agencies, public relations and marketing firms.
* Business development team leader and marketer.
* Entrepreneurial business consultant.
* Designer. Architectural planner. Preservationist, sustainable/reuse, artisan builder.
* Participatory 'visioning' workshop facilitator. Construction project management.
* World class moto race travel, event planning. Writer, moto-journalist, and test rider.
* Personalized coaching and high performance rider skills training.
* EPSIA certified alpine ski instructor.
* US Coast Guard Auxiliary certified