I have been a Founder & 1st Employee of 7 startups over my career. 2 Failures. 2 raised VC & Acquired. 2 reached 40M 2.7M Crowdfunded. *Updated May 2017*
I have been the 1st employee of two high-growth startups that achieved 50M. Regardless of what stage you are, whether your profitable, VC BKD or Crowdfunded, I can help you navigate the different growth stages of your business to ensure you build leaders that are prepared for growth.
I am authoring The First Employee (www.thefirstemployee.com) and if you have stories you want to share please reach out to me.
• How do you build a social enterprise
• What is a BCorp?
• Why Social Entrepreneurship?
• What is SROI?
• How do you quantify success?
• 12 Years in the Field of Social Entrepreneurship & Grant Giving.
• In 2003 The Canadian Social Entrepreneurship Foundation | www.csef.ca | was founded after attending the 1st World Forum on Social Entrepreneurship at the SAID Business School at University of Oxford, UK.
• Partners with Skoll Foundation, Ashoka.org, CreativeVisions.org.
• How do you have a successful pre, live and post crowdfunding campaign?
• How do you add crowdfunding to our fundraising strategy?
• How do you set yourself up for success to deliver your product/service on time?
• How can you build a brand through crowdfunding?
• How can you recruit through crowdfunding?
• Launched & Advised $2.1M USD worth of crowdfunding campaigns on Kickstarter since 2013. Can share my experiences on these journeys.
• Hit Minimum Goals of $50,000 USD in 18 minutes & 24 hour personal best records.
• Covered in over 250 countries in 50 different languages. Featured in Mashable, Forbes, TechCrunch, Fast Company, Wired (USA & Japan), PSFK, Business Insider, ABC News, AOL, NBC News, Cool Hunting, The Times, Hypebeast, & More.
•Internal PR outreach + PR Firms (AtomicPR (NYC) / DynamoPR (UK)) + Team + HD Video + Inspirational Idea = Goal Hit
• Teams that work together 3+ months before a campaign launches will be successful. We spent months talking to bloggers & reporters. Attending industry events made for easier introductions.
•Crowdsourcing is a TEAM effort. Core team should be local. Always be positive.
• How to grow from $1 to $100K vs 500K to 1M vs 3M to 10M. • How do you set yourself up to succeed using data
• Do you need growth or profitability?
12 years of ultra-specialized experience:
• Digital Marketing (Display, CPA, Lead Gen, Advertiser/Affiliate Recruitment, Affiliate Network(s) Program Setup/Optimization)
• Pay Per Click Marketing (Google Analytics, Adwords, Criteo)
• Customer Discovery, Data Analysis & Optimization (Convertro, KISSMetrics, Google Webmaster, Optimizer & LTV analysis)
• eMail Marketing (Netpromoter, Mailchimp, SendGrid)
• SEO & Social Media Strategy and Optimization
• PR (Cisionpoint, worked with 4 agencies and personally pitched for Indochino, Paretologic, MarilynJean)
• Content Marketing
• Referral Marketing
• New Business Development via Linkedin
• Raising Investment via Linkedin
Have you tried to raise funds via Friends & Family or talked to http://www.futurpreneur.ca/en/ ?
What province are you in?
Very honest and expert, Excellent
Jason is such an insightful and knowledgeable mentor. He gave me some really practical suggestions that I can apply right away. I would like to recommend to people who are looking to learn about how to network effectively
Jason really knows his stuff. He provided some great advice. I hope to implement these steps and succeed in my goals.
Jason is super knowledgeable and easy to talk with. He challenges me with thought provoking questions that really get me to refine my business and I'll definitely contact him in the coming months.
I had a very insightful and helpful conversation with Jason. His breadth of experience in startups -- from being the first employee, to a C level executive, to a founder really gave me a broad perspective. He helped me assess my current situation as first employee. He suggested questions I can ask and options that may be available to me. This knowledge is really helpful as I negotiate my contract. Super knowledgeable and nice to talk to! Highly recommended.
Great call with Jason, very impressed with his experience and knowledge. This was my second call with him and I would highly recommend him to any entrepreneur.
I can not recommend Jason enough if you are looking for Growth and Crowd Funding experience. He was very informative but focused on the needs of my company. I am signing up for more time with him already.
Great conversation with Jason. Provided a ton of actionable advice and feedback from his extensive experience in the crowdfunding space.
Awesome... helpful, intuitive, friendly, and a desire to truly help. A great guy for the Clarity.fm ecosystem!
Jason is a superstar - easy to talk to, intuitive, and knowledgeable.