A multi-sector experienced, highly self-motivated, customer oriented leader who has been a catalyst for significant revenue growth, organizational transformation and expansion initiatives across North American markets. Brent has both held senior operational management positions and delivered extensive professional consulting services, responsible to create, implement and scale customer service, business development, sales, marketing and financial management operations, while building exceptional customer and partner relationships. He is experienced working with both the complexity of larger corporations and leveraging the “Esprit de Corps” of start-up or early stage ventures, often in “bleeding edge” innovative businesses.
• Collaborated with Harvard Business Review and receive notable mention for his consultative work in a benchmark “digital / social media” case study published in Dec. 2009. This case study highlighted the international rise to business fame of Halifax based Musician & Social Media superstar, the creative talent behind “United Breaks Guitars”, Dave Carroll.
• Created the strategic business and marketing plans for a leading Canadian telecommunication company to diversify and launch a new line of business in the e-Learning industry.
• Established and led the sales, marketing, operations, and partner development functions to deliver on the largest e-learning outsourcing contract in the world to that date ($175 million contract over 5 years)
• Provided senior leadership for profitable professional consulting practices (E-learning, Economic Development & Change Management) in corporate and university/government settings, including the strategic planning and implementation role of VP Atlantica, for the APCC.
• Delivered numerous revenue growth and cost & quality improvements in the Sales, Customer Service, Marketing and Fin. Mgt. functions at NBTel, leading change management initiatives & IT system/process projects.