I'm an entrepreneur, investor and advisor previously featured in:
• The New Yorker (http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/10/14/bay-watched, "One of the best connected ... in San Francisco")
• The New York Times (www.nytimes.com/2011/05/08/technology/08class.html) for my work with both consumer and enterprise technology startups.
• Spin Magazine (for my work as pop music songwriter/producer for the band Cathedrals which has over 30M streams worldwide).
Ask me about:
Consumer tech: social platforms, growth marketing, subscription businesses, crowdfunding, music streaming--
• built/sold Facebook quiz app that grew to 15M user in 6 months (acquired by SpeedDate which was subsequently acquired by Match.com)
• former Product Manager of the core product @ social network hi5 (over 50M uniques)
• cofounding Advisor @ health food subscription startup Thistle (https://angel.co/thistle-1)
• consulted @ Dreamworks on new product initiatives and eMusic on the switch to streaming
• advisor @ Patreon (crowdfunding platform for artists)
• CEO @ damntheradio (acquired by FanBridge), a Facebook fan page platform with clients ranging from Gatorade to Lady Gaga)
• Investor/Advisor @ Lever (HR management software), WhiteOps (ad fraud software)
• former marketing consultant @ Asana (task management software)
My functional expertise includes:
• Product / User Experience Design
• Marketing Strategy
• User Research
• Data Analysis
In addition, I've given lectures at:
• Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley
• Stanford University
• San Francisco Conservatory of Music
• University of Montana School of Entertainment Management.
I have a BA in Psychology and an MS in Management Science and Engineering at Stanford University where I focused on Entrepreneurship, an interdisciplinary program across the Graduate School of Business, Stanford d.school (Design School), and Computer Science Department.