Genuine Parts Company / NAPA Auto Parts 1996 – 2016
A high service organization engaged in distribution and sales of automotive and truck replacement and OEM parts.
President and General Manager
Led teams up to 350 members in exceeding sales, profit and inventory turnover quotas through engagement, strategic planning, goal setting, profit and loss financial management, prudent risk and entrepreneurial spirit. Leveraging CRM, Customer Relations Management systems, with 125 independent ownerships and 25 multiunit corporate store teams to achieve sales growth from $66 million to $100 million in 5 years.
• Proven business leader exceeding sales, profit and inventory turnover quotas over last 4 out of 6 years.
• Prioritized Heavy Duty product line extensions, achieving 200% sales growth in 2 years.
• Created new innovative sales programs to promote Tools and Equipment line resulting in the highest annual sales in the company 2011-2013.
• Business and market development; prospecting, qualifying and closing deals resulting in 2 new stores, changing over 1 competitively branded store and selling 3 company owned stores to new owners adding $3.2 million of profitable new business to 2015-2016 annual sales.
• Increased B2B wholesale revenues an average of 10% annually by training team on continuously improving program benefits and establishing individual and team accountability benchmarks.
• Accomplished team builder; recruiting, coaching and mentoring 7 managers to leadership positions across the country.
• Developed local and implemented national sales and marketing strategies resulting in 22% retail sales growth in 2014.
• Increased employee engagement and retention rates by 10% in 2015 utilizing team meetings, performance reviews and creating a positive work environment.
Responsible for operational management in largest NAPA Distribution Center in the country with sales of $200 million and profits exceeding $10 million annually.
• Negotiated with suppliers to develop creative weekly telemarketing campaigns averaging over $1 million annually of profitable business.
• Using resource management, reduced overall expenses 15% in 2005 by reviewing and renegotiating contracts for all key services including communications, logistics and labor.
• Successfully reduced labor by 20% over 2 years through developing and implementing policy and procedures while exceeding productivity standards and quotas.
• Improved logistics by implementing new supply chain management tools to minimize costs and maximize efficiency resulting in 120-mile nightly reduction and $75,000 annual savings.
• Achieved 25% increase in employee productivity over 3 years using KPI dashboard accountability.
• Maintained $10 million inventory, 175,000 SKUs with consistent gains.
Assistant Sales Manager
• Managed a team of eight distribution center sales representatives and twelve Manufacturer Representatives servicing 136 independently owned and multiunit corporate customers exceeding sales quota in 1999.
• Implemented new product presentations/sales incentives resulting in sales increase of 11%.
• Business and market development leadership resulting in 6 new independent customers, $2.2 million sales increase and profitable new business.