Mentoring CTOs of fast growth startups is my passion. I have been there myself: from a single developer tech cofounder to raising $15M and building up a fast pace 40 people strong engineering team based out of San Francisco - I have been through it all and I only wish I had a mentor to guide me through the difficult times. I moved on after 3 years and during my tenure I had 0% attrition - in other words, no one I hired left the team while I was a CTO. This is a great milestone as we could not compete with Google/Facebook and we could not afford full market salaries.
These are some typical questions a tech cofounder who is now growing a team would encounter:
- How should I hire?
- When should I fire?
- How to keep my team in sync with what the business needs right now?
- How do I motivate my team for higher output?
- How can I avoid burnout?
- Why is my senior developer not listening to me?
- How to build a yearly budget for the tech team?
- What should I be communicating with my team? with my CEO? with the entire company?
Expert in building, managing and retaining tech teams. Love building products that make a difference. Strong believer in Agile and the Lean startup. Deep knowledge of eCommerce, Marketplaces, and POS/ERP systems.
In short, I love working with and helping entrepreneurs grow their teams and grow their platforms. Let's connect and see if there's a match!