(to extend the answer from previous commenter) Python is also heavily used in all Data Science and Machine Learning applications.
Python is a high level, interpreted and general-purpose dynamic programming language that focuses on code readability. It has fewer steps when compared to Java and C. It was founded in 1991 by developer Guido Van Rossum. It is used in many organizations as it supports multiple programming paradigms. It also performs automatic memory management.
1) Presence of third-party modules
2) Extensive support libraries (NumPy for numerical calculations, Pandas for data analytics etc)
3) Open source and community development
4) Easy to learn
5) User-friendly data structures
6) High-level language
7) Dynamically typed language (No need to mention data type based on value assigned, it takes data type)
8) Object-oriented language
9) Portable and Interactive
10) Portable across Operating systems
1) GUI based desktop applications (Games, Scientific Applications)
2) Web frameworks and applications
3) Enterprise and Business applications
4) Operating Systems
5) Language Development
Organizations using Python:
1) Google (Components of Google spider and Search Engine)
2) Yahoo (Maps)
Besides if you do have any questions give me a call: https://clarity.fm/joy-brotonath
Python is an interpreted, object-oriented programming language. Some of the benefits are that is is easy to use and fast to develop with than other languages. Also, it has many libraries for tasks such as web development and data processing. Just like any other language, it is tailored to be used in specific platforms. For example, it is popular for server work, but not for mobile development. Also, it is an interpreted language. As such, it is not as fast as other languages.