I need help finding a Relational SQL Database courses for junior engineers & product managers. They will help to build a data warehouse.
To train your junior engineers and product managers you will find considerable help in the following sites:
1. The Complete SQL Bootcamp
This is an excellent SQL course for beginners. The course starts from scratch and does not require any previous programming skills or experience. As the name suggests, the course is inspired by Bootcamps and focuses on intense learning. It is also a comprehensive course and explains every single concept by using slides as well as live coding. The author uses PostgreSQL for demonstration purposes, which is both free and open source. It also comes with a GUI tool called PgAdmin, which makes it easy to work with the PostgreSQL database.
2. SQL for Newbs: This is another awesome and fun course for beginners to learn SQL. I really enjoyed watching this course, not just for content, but also for positive energy from both instructors, David and Pete. It is fun watching them discuss and explain SQL concepts. I know SQL is interesting, but they make it even more interesting. It is like old college days with some friends always jumping and doing stuff, which makes you laugh, but at least it helps remove boredom from the class. As for the content, as the name suggests, it is a beginner course, but you will learn all the essential concepts — e.g. creating a database, tables, stored procedures, using SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements. They use the MySQL database in this course, which is the most popular open-source database, and you can download that for free. They have a section for downloading and installing the MySQL database as well.
3. SQL & Database Design A-Z: This is another great course to learn SQL in depth. It covers almost all the topics an application developer should know about SQL. In this course, you will learn about creating basic SQL queries and different types of joins like right and left join, inner join, outer join, cross join, self-join, etc. This course also explains advanced concepts — e.g. indexes, writing SQL queries with multiple tables, and joining them together to produce a meaningful report. You will also explore database design concepts — e.g. normalization. This course has an entire section that explains normalization and various normal forms e.g. 1NF, 2NF, 3NF, BCNF, etc.
4. Oracle SQL: There is no doubt that Oracle is the most popular relational database, and there is a huge demand for people with good Oracle Database skills and experience — e.g. application developer who knows Oracle PL/SQL and a database administrator who knows the ins and outs of Oracle database. Whether or not you want to learn Oracle from an application development perspective or from a Database admin. perspective, this course is a good place to start. In this course, you will not only learn to create databases, tables, and stored procedures but also how to write SQL queries. You will learn essential SQL concepts in Oracle database — e.g. SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, and ALTER statements, joins, group by, where clause, and other functions.
It’s a comprehensive course with 100+ lectures and is well organized into 16 sections that will teach you all important SQL concepts using the Oracle database.
The instructor is good, and it uses free tools like Oracle SQL Developer, which you can download from the web. Overall, it is a good SQL course if you want to learn with the Oracle database.
5. 200+ SQL Interview Questions: This is an excellent course to learn SQL from an interview point of view. If you are preparing for your first job interview or next job, you can expect a lot of SQL questions on the interview. It is an important skill, and that’s why many interviews focus on SQL along with data structure and algorithms.
By taking this course, you will not only be well prepared for your next interview, but you will also learn a lot about important SQL concepts. For example, if you just watch the preview of one chapter, which discusses how to tune SQL query or how to find and explain the execution plan, you learn a lot.
6. SQL for Data Science — Coursera: If you are learning SQL for Data Science then this is the perfect course to start with. This is one of the best SQL courses on Coursera and teaches you SQL fundamentals and how to work with data.
This course is offered by the University of California, also known as UCDavis and it is delivered by instructor Sadie St. Lawrence.
Here are the skills you will gain in this course
a) SQL Basics
b) Data Analysis
c) Data Science
Talking about social proof, more than 39% of learners have started a new career after completing this course, 34% have got a tangible career benefit from this course and more than 10% of people have got a pay increase or promotion. And, if you find Coursera courses useful, which they are because they are created by reputed companies and universities around the world, I suggest you get the Coursera Plus, a subscription plan from Coursera which gives you unlimited access to their most popular courses, specialization, professional certificate, and guided projects. It cost around $399/year but its complete worth of your money as you get unlimited certificates.
7. Building Basic Relational Databases in SQL Server Management Studio — Coursera: This is one of the best Coursera guided project which will teach you how to work with SQL Server using SQL Server Management studio in a step by step and guided manner.
In this one-hour based project, you will apply the basics of working with relational databases within the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) environment.
Here are the main things you will learn in this course:
1. Learn how to load the Adventure Works database into SQL
2. Create a database diagram using the Object Explorer window in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
3. Create and run a simple structured query language (SQL) command to retrieve data from a table.
4. Create and run a simple SQL command to create a table and columns.
If you do not know Guided projects are new offering form Coursera where you learn by doing hands-on coding practice on the browser and your instructor guide you using split-screen lectures. This is a great way of learning as you learn a skill in a short time.
If you find Coursera courses useful then you can also opt for Coursera Plus subscription which provides unlimited access to Coursera courses, specialization, and professional certificates. It is actually a cost-effective way to learn in Coursera.
8. Complete SQL + Databases Bootcamp: SQL and know how to work with data is a valuable skill for almost any role and getting more valuable by the day and this is one of the best courses to learn SQL and Database fundamentals in 2020.
Created by Andrei Neagoie and his team, this course will teach you to master SQL and Database Management & Design + exercises to give you real-world experience working with all database types.
Here are the key things you will learn in this course:
1. How to create your own databases while using SQL to interact with the data
2. Learn how to handle user passwords and keep data safe
3. Advanced SQL topics like indexes, aggregates, caching to make your database queries efficient
The course is fully hands-on and there are tons of exercises to practice what you learn and test your knowledge. You will also learn how Machine Learning, Data Science and Data Engineers use Big Data and databases.
Besides if you do have any questions give me a call: https://clarity.fm/joy-brotonath