If your company is interested in exporting, investing or setting up operations internationally, I offer “turn-key” services to help you with initial market entry and expansion.
I combine real-world experience, knowledge of local markets and cultural understanding to meet the needs of doing business abroad.
Services include business strategy, market research, strategy & operations, financial advisory, and technology consulting.
I can help/advise you on how to:
- Prioritize international markets with the most potential (e.g. market entry strategy, identification of potential partners)
- Validate your business model (e.g. evaluation & selection of potential partners, due diligence on in-country regulations)
- How to structure your presence
- Execute your business plan
- Secure trade finance, export credit, and project finance
- How to approach Canadian Trade Offices Abroad to get the most out of your requests
- Open doors to key contacts in government, private sector, NGOs, and international organizations
• 16 years of corporate, start-up, and government experience in key markets throughout North America (Canada and the US), Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
• 10 years of business development, strategy and marketing/communications experience with the Government of Canada in a number of progressively senior roles, including two diplomatic assignments. As a Canadian trade diplomat and Head of Trade with Canada's Trade Commissioner Service (TCS), I led teams of trade & investment professionals in Canada, Africa and India.
• 6+ years of executive management as an entrepreneur and investor: since 2014, serving as a strategic advisor and partner a Singapore based technology firm and a private health care provider in Ottawa.
• Since 2013, involved the startup of three successful global start-ups, including initial strategy and planning, identification of strategic partners, contract negotiation, business structure and organization.
• From 1998-2004, was co-founder and Vice-President of Global Sales and Strategy of technology start-up in Ottawa - had oversight of all business development/sales, corporate planning, HR, risk management, external relations and marketing operations.