Sep 2015 to Present
C5 CAPITAL, London, UK
Private Equity firm in the Cyber-security and Big Data sectors
• Assisting in evaluating investment proposals, financial modeling (simple LBO), and creating IC pitchbooks.
• Performing sector deep dives in the Cyber-security sector to identify investible themes and companies.
Feb 2015 to Apr 2015
GLOBAL FOUNDERS CAPITAL, London, UK
Rocket Internet backed VC fund focused on consumer internet investment opportunities
• Identified investment opportunities in the consumer internet space in India focusing on market opportunity, KPIs and business traction.
2012 - 2014 INTERNATIONAL FINANCE CORPORATION, Mumbai, India
Investment Analyst (Early Stage Investments Group and Climate Business Group)
• Established IFC's early stage investments practice in India along with the regional head, opening a new client segment for IFC. Invested $14 Mn in 4 deals - India's first Cleantech VC fund and companies in healthcare, smart-grid and solar thermal sectors.
• Jointly led $7 Mn investment in a healthcare company. Liaised with multiple stakeholders, led due diligence, financial modeling and investment committee presentation. Closed the deal in record time, exceeding management expectations.
• Monitored a portfolio of 3 investments participating in periodic meetings/calls with the management and leading quarterly financial & operational analysis for internal reporting.
• Spearheaded 3 sector deep dives (healthcare, education & e-commerce), identifying investible themes and generating a pipeline of 30 potential investments.
• Topped financial modeling exam in the 6-week credit training course in Washington DC, attended by 35 high-performing analysts and associates from IFC’s 25 country offices.
2010 - 2012 J P MORGAN INDIA PVT. LTD., Mumbai, New York
Equity Research Analyst, U.S. Electric Utilities & I.P.Ps.
• Covered 30 large cap stocks with a combined market capitalization of $300 billion, as a part of a cross-regional team.
• Co-authored stock and sector research reports for wall street clients. Forecasted quarterly earnings for 8 companies, published to various portals such as Bloomberg.
• Jointly published team's weekly research note - Power "Peaker". Engaged with clients answering queries and providing a macro sector view.
• Seconded to work part-time in New York office. Jointly initiated coverage of 3 stocks, built financial models and co-authored initiation reports.
• Captained a team of 12 analysts in intra-department stock idea contest achieving runner up position. Pitched mock portfolio to top management of JP Morgan India Research.