I am a Marine veteran, former presidential appointee, and Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (RPCV) w/ >13 years of public, private, and nonprofit strategy, business development, marketing, communications, program design and delivery experience.
Proficient in Fulani and French, I have managed private sector and donor-funded programs in sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia, led teams, crafted and directly overseen annual budgets >$15MM.
Practice areas include: agricultural value chain development, market analyses and linkages, ethical sourcing, food security, financial inclusion, education, gender equality, youth, capacity building, and community livelihoods.
I have lived and worked in Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Senegal, and Tanzania. Separately, I have program design/delivery experience in Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, and Mali.
Independently, I co-chair the Society for International Development's Private Sector Development Workgroup, am a Big Brother w/ Big Brothers Big Sisters, and am affiliated w/ several international development and military veterans associations.
- Smallholder Farmers/Community Livelihoods/Market Access
- Ethical/Responsible Sourcing
- Value Chain Development/Supply Chain Assessments
- Market Linkages
- Private Sector Development
- Inclusive Programming (Gender/Youth)
- ICT for Agriculture
- Market Intelligence/Strategy
- Strategic Profitability Insight
- Stakeholder Engagement/Client Management
- Risk/Opportunity Identification
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Strategic Alliance Building
- Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy
- Corporate Relations
- Program Design/Implementation
- Funding Landscapes/Audits
- Brand Development/Management
- Resource/Collateral Design/Production
- Process Improvement/Strengthening
- Personnel Development