Raise your profile by being featured in the media, without the need for expensive PR firms. I'm a journalist with 18 years' experience in print and online media. I've worked on staff and freelance as a reporter, senior reporter, features writer, sub-editor and editor on a range of niche and mainstream media in the UK, US and Australia.
I'm passionate about teaching ethical, socially conscious business owners, entrepreneurs and change makers how to get free publicity in the media by sharing their stories. With my extensive experience as a journalist, I help you avoid the mistakes most people make when approaching the media and being interviewed.
Founder of VeganBusinessMedia.com blog and author of Vegan Ventures: Start and Grow an Ethical Business - the first book of its kind.
Here are some examples of what I can help you with:
• How to get your first piece of media publicity
• How to raise the profile of your business or campaign
• How to make your website media-friendly
• How to put your online media kit together
• Develop a lead magnet for your website (which you can also use as a giveaway to media audiences)
• Find media outlets targeted to your audience
• Find story angles and pitches that get journalists’ attention and increase the chance of them saying ‘yes’
• Prepare ‘soundbites’ – honing your message in a nutshell (this is particularly important for TV and radio where you typically only get a few seconds or minutes – make each one count!)
• Prepare for an interview with a journalist
• How to stay on track during an interview to ensure your message comes across and avoid reporters’ sneaky traps designed to take you off topic and into saying stuff you may later regret or doesn’t best serve you
• Put together a compelling media release for use on your website to help drive traffic and increase customer engagement