John Dinner helps clients across all sectors achieve their organizational objectives through excellence in board governance.
For more than 17 years, board members and organizational leaders have sought out and valued John Dinner’s insights, practical approach and ability to facilitate needed governance change or transformation.
John uses his unique boardroom experience and expertise to help boards to deliver on their accountabilities to promote organizational strength, viability and effectiveness through critical governance processes:
1. setting the organization’s strategic priorities;
2. monitoring the implementation of these priorities;
3. providing management oversight; and,
4. reporting to stakeholders on their stewardship.
John’s hands-on, in-the-trenches board work helped develop and refine leading edge governance practices, including director recruitment, board education, meeting effectiveness and best practices, information management and decision-making, and board and director performance evaluations. He knows and understands the needs of directors first-hand.
John Dinner is:
• a founding member of The Directors College faculty (McMaster University);
• a regular conference presenter and workshop leader;
• a recipient of the National Award in Governance;
• a contributor to the Joint Committee on Corporate Governance; and,
• a widely published author and media spokesperson on board topics.