Austin real estate agent and investor.
In 2014, my husband and I moved to Austin from Hoboken, New Jersey, and started selling real estate with JB Goodwin. Being new to the city, we quickly set out to learn the streets, the neighborhoods and their fascinating stories, the appreciation rates, the average prices, and generally how to talk intelligently about Austin real estate.
It wasn't long before we were helping hundreds of families and investors make money in the Austin real estate market. And shortly thereafter, we were investing in Austin ourselves.
We currently own one renovated home in Central Austin (which we renovated and are living in) and are partnered in six renovation/development projects in Central Austin. In the process we've learned about construction, zoning, construction loans, hard money, and how to invest in Austin, even if you don't have several thousand dollars in cash sitting around.
Some common questions I hear from investors who want to get started in Austin are:
1) Is Austin a good place to buy a rental property?
2) How do I choose what area to invest in?
3) What sort of appreciation can I expect in the next 2 years, 5 years, 10 years?
4) How hard will it be to rent my property?
5) How do I handle repairs or problems if I live out of state?
6) Should I buy the property in cash, or should I finance a portion?
7) Should I buy a condo, or a single family home?
8) Should I buy an old dumpy home, or a new one?
We can cover these questions and more on our call.
Want to know how to successfully invest in Austin real estate?
I've helped a long list of investors do just that.
Let's hop on a call together.